The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE vs Kings for Politics

Okay I’m in a dilemma.

I know LSE is usually always seen as better as Kings ( completely aware about that) but I’m scared that there’s no point in me applying to LSE because of their GCSE expectations. I know they say you only need to get let’s say 6s in Maths and English we know that all students usually get all 8s and 9s. I know people who have been rejected with 7s and 8s purely because of their GCSES. My GCSES are 988887776 and I think it’s a waste if I apply there and get rejected. My course would be politics and IR which is a very very competitive course at LSE. But it would also be a very rewarding place to study at. What should I do? I feel like Kings college ( although competitive) isn’t as harsh as LSE
Original post by hahaaddie
Okay I’m in a dilemma.

I know LSE is usually always seen as better as Kings ( completely aware about that) but I’m scared that there’s no point in me applying to LSE because of their GCSE expectations. I know they say you only need to get let’s say 6s in Maths and English we know that all students usually get all 8s and 9s. I know people who have been rejected with 7s and 8s purely because of their GCSES. My GCSES are 988887776 and I think it’s a waste if I apply there and get rejected. My course would be politics and IR which is a very very competitive course at LSE. But it would also be a very rewarding place to study at. What should I do? I feel like Kings college ( although competitive) isn’t as harsh as LSE

So, that's 2 out of your 5 possible choices...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
So, that's 2 out of your 5 possible choices...

i only want to apply to 2 London universities. I'm deffo applying to UCL, im just stuck between LSE and Kings. I dont wanna apply to Kings and then feel guilty that I missed the opportunity of going to LSE but then again if i apply to LSE and get rejected purely because of my GCSES I would have regretted not applying to Kings. I know its a bit crazy
i only want to apply to 2 London universities. I'm deffo applying to UCL, im just stuck between LSE and Kings. I dont wanna apply to Kings and then feel guilty that I missed the opportunity of going to LSE but then again if i apply to LSE and get rejected purely because of my GCSES I would have regretted not applying to Kings. I know its a bit crazy

Ok. Am I correct in surmising that you don't want to apply to all 3 London unis because you fear you might be rejected from all of them, leaving you only 2 other choices?
Reply 4
Ok. Am I correct in surmising that you don't want to apply to all 3 London unis because you fear you might be rejected from all of them, leaving you only 2 other choices?

Yeah haha, gotta keep it a bit varied. who knows what might happen on results day.
Yeah haha, gotta keep it a bit varied. who knows what might happen on results day.

Why not try this... Apply to UCL and 2 non-London unis initially and see what responses you get. Depending on whether you get offers or rejections, you could risk both LSE and King's or make a decision between them for your final 2 choices. (Just make sure you submit the latter before the equal consideration deadline.)
Reply 6
Why not try this... Apply to UCL and 2 non-London unis initially and see what responses you get. Depending on whether you get offers or rejections, you could risk both LSE and King's or make a decision between them for your final 2 choices. (Just make sure you submit the latter before the equal consideration deadline.)

Wait you can stagger your application? I didn’t know you could do that. How do you initially apply to two and then do the others later? Surely the application has to go through all together?
Wait you can stagger your application? I didn’t know you could do that. How do you initially apply to two and then do the others later? Surely the application has to go through all together?

Yes you can do that. You just leave a couple of spaces empty and add them later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending