The Student Room Group

Take the exam after 30 hours of learning

I had 19 hours of lessons. I wish to pass the exam after 30 hours of learning, is that possible for me?
I can do 3 points turn (only when I do it slowly, took me 40 seconds), turn round the corner (success depends on luck).
Is parallel parking easy or not?
I really want to pass my practical asap. Please help
Original post by Wing:)
I had 19 hours of lessons. I wish to pass the exam after 30 hours of learning, is that possible for me?
I can do 3 points turn (only when I do it slowly, took me 40 seconds), turn round the corner (success depends on luck).

It really depends on the person. Noone can tell you for sure over the internet. Ask your driving instructor would be good. I have heard the average is about 40 lessons.

40 seconds for a turn in a road is not slow! You get given 4 minutes to do the manoeuvre, don't rush it!!!

For the reverse around a corner, just be slow and keep close to the kerb, its as dependent on luck as all the other manoeuvres!

Parallel parking imo is one of the easier ones as you just do the same thing everytime, whereas with the reverse around a corner it depends on the sharpness of the kerb and also bend!

It's good to have a goal of how many hours you want to pass in but don't take that goal and just stop there. Even if you reach the goal, but you don't feel like you're ready yet, then continue on. It is certainly possible to finish in that many hours, I felt like I was ready for the test on my 25th hour but I had to continue practicing until 35 hours because my test was pretty far away and I had to fill up that time.

I also had a goal to finish in 30 hours but ended up finishing in 35 hours but I passed the first time.

It's fine to take your time whilst doing a manouvre as long as you execute it well (control & looking around the vehicle) and parallel parking is fine just like other manouvres as long as you remember your reference points
Reply 3
I passed first time on about 23lessons/hours and I had never "passed" a lesson. But I only got 2 minors on my test. All depends on the test day really and if you make a silly mistake
Reply 4
Original post by subject1
It really depends on the person. Noone can tell you for sure over the internet. Ask your driving instructor would be good. I have heard the average is about 40 lessons.

40 seconds for a turn in a road is not slow! You get given 4 minutes to do the manoeuvre, don't rush it!!!

For the reverse around a corner, just be slow and keep close to the kerb, its as dependent on luck as all the other manoeuvres!

Parallel parking imo is one of the easier ones as you just do the same thing everytime, whereas with the reverse around a corner it depends on the sharpness of the kerb and also bend!

Thank you so much for replying. My instructor said I am too slow in doing 3 points turn :frown:
I also think turn round the corner depends on luck. I am still not used to controlling the car when it is in reverse gear.
Many people told me parallel parking is the easiest and I hope I won't be the exception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Suldok
It's good to have a goal of how many hours you want to pass in but don't take that goal and just stop there. Even if you reach the goal, but you don't feel like you're ready yet, then continue on. It is certainly possible to finish in that many hours, I felt like I was ready for the test on my 25th hour but I had to continue practicing until 35 hours because my test was pretty far away and I had to fill up that time.

I also had a goal to finish in 30 hours but ended up finishing in 35 hours but I passed the first time.

It's fine to take your time whilst doing a manouvre as long as you execute it well (control & looking around the vehicle) and parallel parking is fine just like other manouvres as long as you remember your reference points

Thank you for replying. The reference point is a but different everytime. Last time when I did the turn round the corner, the label on the rear window is a bit on the kerb. When I did it today, it's in between the lane which I am on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Yasdyxo
I passed first time on about 23lessons/hours and I had never "passed" a lesson. But I only got 2 minors on my test. All depends on the test day really and if you make a silly mistake

You are so clever. Maybe I am not good enough to drive. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
You are so clever. Maybe I am not good enough to drive. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ofcourse you are, just dont let nerves take over on the day:smile:
on every lesson id be drowned in sweat, on my test i just made sure i was relaxed aha
Reply 8
Original post by Yasdyxo
Ofcourse you are, just dont let nerves take over on the day:smile:
on every lesson id be drowned in sweat, on my test i just made sure i was relaxed aha

I am quite relax when I have lessons. I found roundabouts so much easier after lots of practise. I am not sure will I have enough time to learn the remaining things for the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I am quite relax when I have lessons. I found roundabouts so much easier after lots of practise. I am not sure will I have enough time to learn the remaining things for the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Youre on 19 atm and intend to have 30? really you should know them already , and by 30 you definitely should... otherwise your instructor is wasting your money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending