The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hiya, yeah i am doing that tomorrow as well - yeah i think i am screwed as well...lol! Good Luck
Reply 2
There is a thread about this in the Maths Forum, many people are discussing last year's paper there :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you cataclysm :-) I'll have a look. Good luck to you too zoopy. Will this be your first attempt?
Hope everyone found it not too terrifying!
Reply 5
Yep....fairly terrifying. Lawll! :smile:
Reply 6
And i thought the Intermediate was hard :eek:
Reply 7
Does anyone know when we will get the results of the Senior Maths Challenge?

Thank you.

Cathy
I've been told a fortnight or so after it was taken, so within the next fortnight now I would suppose.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
the grade boundaries are up for ukmt senior. At least i think they are.
80 for a gold :biggrin: which means i get a gold. At our school we filled out two forms, so our teachers could mark them and tell us if we got into BMO.
Now why didn't my college think of that :s-smilie:
Reply 11
shambolic performance from myself :frown::frown::frown:
oh, i don't think i want to find out how badly i did! lol
Reply 13
calcium878
I've been told a fortnight or so after it was taken, so within the next fortnight now I would suppose.
Good luck :smile:

Okay. Thank you and and good luck to you too! :smile:

Cathy
Hmmn..This is how it's going to be:
'Such-and-such got golds, x,y,z got silver and the rest of you got a bronze...and there's marshmallow_mayhem who, being the class dunce didn't get anything...'
Lol. I remember that all the people that did AS maths did it last year. I came out with a bronze certificate and didnt even try. In fact all the people in my class that did it came out with silver and bronze certificates and we werent that bothered. The other maths class (the supposed smarter lot that did Additional maths at GCSE) didnt get one certificate and they all took it seriously. The teacher of that class jokingly accused my class of cheating. But they all decided to do it this year while my class didnt bother since we already had certificates. The situation makes me laugh slightly. Are they that determined to get one over us and get a certificate?;grin;

Anyway if you get a certificate, then it's something you can put on your personal statement when applying to Uni.
Reply 16

I did the maths challenge this year :biggrin: I usually try and duck out of it....

*sits to await my result*

Latest

Trending

Trending