The Student Room Group

He's updated his profile.

I have been going on dates with him for a while. We aren't in a relationship, however thought we were moving towards one. My friend asked if we were official yet and I said no. Anyway something told me to check his profile and he's changed it from 'looking for a long term relationship' to 'looking for women to date'. Plus he's uploaded a new photo.

I deleted my profile months ago because I hated the guys that would message me on there. Obviously he is a single man so he can do whatever he likes, it's just the alter in what he's looking for that bugs me. We've spoken about whether either of us would waste time and effort on someone knowing it wasn't going anywhere and he said he never does that.

The other day he got into a little strop and claimed he liked me more than I did, then said it seemed like we were just friends. The last time I saw him we had a really great night and he mentioned us 'dating' so I knew things were back to 'normal' again. Now I'm starting to wonder how he really feels.

Should I be worried about him updating his profile ?
Life ain't all about status updates on superficial screens... what happened to actual communication... (through phone calls etc.)
You should talk it out, and halt any further meetings until you're both clear where you stand.
Reply 3
Don't waste your time. I say this all the time but it's true: communication is key. Even if you think it will make u look like a fool, find out where it's heading. If he's evasive, not looking at you in the eyes, not answering the question properly, or says he doesn't know, ditch him. If he gives you a straight up, or even just an honest answer, e.g. I'm not sure, but it could go somewhere in the future, then that's probably good enough. Don't let him mess you around. YOU'RE in control, not him.
Reply 4
Also, don't be surprised if he's dating other women. I always say, whether you're a guy or a girl, unless you're officially together and agreed not to see other people, expect the other person to be dating around. And don't feel bad if you want to as well. You're not in a relationship - yet. Have fun and check out the other fish in the sea.

Also, if he didn't want to date around, why would he change his status and change his picture??
Reply 5
He doesn't owe you anything.

Give him reasons to commit to you and he will.
Reply 6
If you don't want him to see other people then why have you not made it official yet?

If you are only 'dating' then he's allowed to see other people.
Reply 7
Thanks everyone... I'm going to arrange to meet up to talk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending