The Student Room Group

Girls, why do you allow guys to grope you in clubs?

Notice that nearly every girl loves being groped or it seems like it, they tend to laugh about it..... why cant they have some respect and stick up to the pervs who do this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've started to notice this too, however I would change "every girl" to "quite a lot of girls".

I would go up to a girl, do my thing get her number and meet her later in the night. (Game needed).

Then... I see other guys go up to girls touch them and start making out and I'm like... what?! Really? (No game needed).
Guys have done this to me before, it's pretty grim tbh. I've always had a go at them for it... got a bit too angry once and pushed this lad over lmao. For some reason they seem to think it's a normal thing to do.
Original post by mourinhoswave
Notice that nearly every girl loves being groped or it seems like it, they tend to laugh about it..... why cant they have some respect and stick up to the pervs who do this?

Are you seriously blaming women for this? Maybe they don't want to stand up to the guys because they're intimidated?
That's the only point of clubs.
Not EVERY girl likes being groped OP you're generalising. My sister kicked the last guy who tried groping her in the club so I can safely say she definitely didn't like it
If I'm drunk enough I just don't care. Also it depends how it's done. If someone grabs me from behind I'm going to shout at them. If I'm already kissing them and they start touching me I don't usually care enough to tell them to stop even if I don't like it.
Reply 7
I chased two guys who groped me out of the club and down the street. In retrospect I probably looked like an angry gyped prostitute in those heels. Oh well.
But to be fair a lot of women are afraid to fight back cause the dude is way bigger than them or at least stronger. I'm abnormally large, so I have that on my side.
Any woman I've seen who enjoyed it did so cause she was out looking for one night stand.
Reply 8
Most girls don't like being groped, and most don't allow it. The problem with clubs is that many guys go there thinking it is basically a buffet in which they can just pick a drunk girl and get some action, not that some girls enjoy having fun.
imo its a mix of not wanting to make a scene,them going through it on a regular basis and fearing the guy might retaliate since we are stronger than them.
i would be lying if i said ive never done it because i have in the past and i admit its wrong but unfortunately things will change.
Its border line socially acceptable these days.
I've never tolerated it. Why a guy thinks they're allowed to touch me I do not know.

Any guy who does, and doesn't **** off after the first warning, gets a smack.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shiva300
Guys have done this to me before, it's pretty grim tbh. I've always had a go at them for it... got a bit too angry once and pushed this lad over lmao. For some reason they seem to think it's a normal thing to do.

I might be being not politically correct here but those who sexual assault other people, whether it be groping or rape, should just be lined up and shot. What can't these scum keep their hands to themselves?
Original post by SnooFnoo
I've never tolerated it. Why a guy thinks they're allowed to touch me I do not know.

Any guy who does, and doesn't **** off after the first warning, gets a smack.

Anyone who sexually assaults another person deserves a lot more than a smack, they deserve to be hanged.
Original post by diamondcutter
I might be being not politically correct here but those who sexual assault other people, whether it be groping or rape, should just be lined up and shot. What can't these scum keep their hands to themselves?

Because unfortunately a lot of boys still think they're entitled to wander up to a girl a mimic doing her up the arse, with the idea that it might actually result in getting their number.

Sad really.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Not EVERY girl likes being groped OP you're generalising. My sister kicked the last guy who tried groping her in the club so I can safely say she definitely didn't like it

I am the least feminist person I know and even I think the OP is a victim blaming ****. Those who sexually assault other people should just be executed.
I certainly don't love it or laugh about it, it makes me very uncomfortable. I usually just give a filthy look because I'm too much of a wimp to say anything.

Edit: probably the wrong choice of word with filthy but you guys know what I mean.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am the least feminist person I know and even I think the OP is a victim blaming ****. Those who sexually assault other people should just be executed.

Preach!
Original post by SnooFnoo
Because unfortunately a lot of boys still think they're entitled to wander up to a girl a mimic doing her up the arse, with the idea that it might actually result in getting their number.

Sad really.

I do not and none of my friends do. None of us are feminists anything like that but no one should be sexually abused. In fact, those who grope, rape or otherwise force sexual contact on another being should be executed and not a painless injection but hung drawn and quartered. Why some ****s cannot understand that no means no, I do not know.
Original post by Changing Skies
I certainly don't love it or laugh about it, it makes me very uncomfortable. I usually just give a filthy look because I'm too much of a wimp to say anything.

Edit: probably the wrong choice of word with filthy but you guys know what I mean.

It's ok. You don't have to make excuses for the barbarians. Groping = Lack of self respect
I do not and none of my friends do. None of us are feminists anything like that but no one should be sexually abused. In fact, those who grope, rape or otherwise force sexual contact on another being should be executed and not a painless injection but hung drawn and quartered. Why some ****s cannot understand that no means no, I do not know.

Are you male or female? Just curious

Whilst I don't agree with killing people, I do agree with education and pushing forward with the true feminist movement to create a society where this sort of behaviour is deemed unacceptable by everyone (men and women) and so women are seen as equals and not pieces of meat that men are entitled to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending