The Student Room Group

Cerazette & changing contraception while living abroad

Hi all,

Last year I had to change my contraception from Microgynon to Cerazette due to migraines. When I started taking it, my periods were all over the place, so I stopped (I wasn't having sex at that time). Now, I have a boyfriend, so stared taking it again in December and have basically been bleeding ever since. I've also noticed my skin is breaking out, which it never has before.

I currently live in Beijing, so it's not like I can just nip to my doctor and change my pill, but here in Beijing I can get contraception over the counter. So, I guess I am looking for 2 answers here:

1. Has anyone else experienced these side-effects with Cerazette, and if so, how long does it last?

2. Does anyone know anything about the brand Marvelon, which is the easiest form of oral contraception to get in China.
Reply 1
My sister was on it and she had the same problem with bleeding. She was told by her GP that it should go away after 3-6 months although she stopped taking it before then. Ive also read/heard other women say they experienced the same thing on this pill and it got better after a few months.

Marvelon is a combined pill so as you were taken off another brand of the combined pill due to migraines you shouldn't take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest