The Student Room Group

Oh my god, look at those grades... They look like my next mistake..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 4nonymous
I did ask my teacher but they still said they're not allowed to let us take it early. I managed to get 192/200 in my mock exam in yr 10 but I wasn't allowed to take it early. I have to do it this yr, but I know I would have been able to get an A* in yr 10 with enough practice.

Not trying to call you a cheater or anything, but if you've got 192/200 in a mock exam, that's absolutely amazing! Even if you've done the paper before, which I doubt you have, that's so good! I've done a calculator & a non-calculator paper as mocks and got 165/200 in this one. I made extremely silly mistakes & would've easily got 175 - 180 marks out of 200 in this mock. The problem was; I was tired & done both mocks after P.E where my hands can't even move lol. Some silly mistakes, but can be changed with practice and determination!
Original post by Chittesh14
Not trying to call you a cheater or anything, but if you've got 192/200 in a mock exam, that's absolutely amazing! Even if you've done the paper before, which I doubt you have, that's so good! I've done a calculator & a non-calculator paper as mocks and got 165/200 in this one. I made extremely silly mistakes & would've easily got 175 - 180 marks out of 200 in this mock. The problem was; I was tired & done both mocks after P.E where my hands can't even move lol. Some silly mistakes, but can be changed with practice and determination!

I didn't cheat. It was the first time I saw the paper and in the last mock exam I did I got 192/200 again. We've done so many past papers in the last few months and today I managed to get 200/200. I also have a mock in 2 weeks so I hope to do well in that. And I am actually the top in my yr so I am being serious that I didn't cheat. There's no reason to cheat because you won't know how good you are and whether you can actually achieve an A*. I am able to get 200/200 it has been done before. I just have to watch out for mistakes. And the best way to check for mistakes is complete it really quickly and check over each question by doing it again. I can finish the paper in under an hour so I have loads of time to check. But the way I got as good as I am now is with a lot of practice. Anyways thanks and good luck with your exam when you do it.
Original post by 4nonymous
I didn't cheat. It was the first time I saw the paper and in the last mock exam I did I got 192/200 again. We've done so many past papers in the last few months and today I managed to get 200/200. I also have a mock in 2 weeks so I hope to do well in that. And I am actually the top in my yr so I am being serious that I didn't cheat. There's no reason to cheat because you won't know how good you are and whether you can actually achieve an A*. I am able to get 200/200 it has been done before. I just have to watch out for mistakes. And the best way to check for mistakes is complete it really quickly and check over each question by doing it again. I can finish the paper in under an hour so I have loads of time to check. But the way I got as good as I am now is with a lot of practice. Anyways thanks and good luck with your exam when you do it.

I know buddy, that's why I said I'm not calling you a cheater. It's great that you've got so much talent & potential, and you're manifesting it by getting this high in past papers. You've demonstrated that you're extremely clever & you need to keep it up and not let your teachers down now. Silly mistakes are a prime aspect of the paper as they occur frequently by nearly every individual who participates in the exam. Maybe, the best way wouldn't be to rush for the paper, but if you finish it fast it could be an advantage. Thanks, I'm doing it this year in Year 10, I'm assuming you are doing it at the same time? Good luck to you too, I hope you succeed, which I'm sure you will!
Original post by Chittesh14
I know buddy, that's why I said I'm not calling you a cheater. It's great that you've got so much talent & potential, and you're manifesting it by getting this high in past papers. You've demonstrated that you're extremely clever & you need to keep it up and not let your teachers down now. Silly mistakes are a prime aspect of the paper as they occur frequently by nearly every individual who participates in the exam. Maybe, the best way wouldn't be to rush for the paper, but if you finish it fast it could be an advantage. Thanks, I'm doing it this year in Year 10, I'm assuming you are doing it at the same time? Good luck to you too, I hope you succeed, which I'm sure you will!

I guess we're doing it at the same time then so good luck!
update:

i have completed my child care coursework and have handed it in. I have also nearly finished my textiles now. :smile: I have also finished composing one out of the two pieces i need to do for music.

Things are on the up!
Reply 45
Original post by Midnightmemories
RSI. D:

My friends are the best. :biggrin:

Ahhhhh the plague of the typist :tongue: - I've just gotten used to the permanent RSI
Original post by Andy98
Ahhhhh the plague of the typist :tongue: - I've just gotten used to the permanent RSI

That makes me feel no better about if its going to get better... I was hoping it'll be better by next week lol.
Reply 47
That makes me feel no better about if its going to get better... I was hoping it'll be better by next week lol.

Yeah it gets better after a few days rest, I'm just impatient :tongue:
Update time. :P

I'm having a mock maths exam on Monday and Thursday next week and I'm having to have a scribe.
I have been revising a lot for it but i honestly don't know how well its going to go.
This week has been okay...

but I've been asked to make a revision timetable and not really sure where to start. :/
Reply 50
Update time. :P

I'm having a mock maths exam on Monday and Thursday next week and I'm having to have a scribe.
I have been revising a lot for it but i honestly don't know how well its going to go.

How was it?

This week has been okay...

but I've been asked to make a revision timetable and not really sure where to start. :/

That is a tough one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
How was it?

That is a tough one

Posted from TSR Mobile

The mock on monday was okay... once i got used to the scribe it was fine. Thursdays going to be awful.

best part of the whole timetable thing is that i've been told that i can't have any more mentor meetings until i get it completed. I honestly have no idea how.
Reply 52
The mock on monday was okay... once i got used to the scribe it was fine. Thursdays going to be awful.

best part of the whole timetable thing is that i've been told that i can't have any more mentor meetings until i get it completed. I honestly have no idea how.

I've had four today so I feel the pain:yep:

I figured out what free time I had first, and realised I don't actually have any before 10pm most day's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I've had four today so I feel the pain:yep:

I figured out what free time I had first, and realised I don't actually have any before 10pm most day's

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just don't know where to place the lesson, how much time to give it and how to set it out.. its easier said then done. :frown:
Reply 54
I just don't know where to place the lesson, how much time to give it and how to set it out.. its easier said then done. :frown:

It depends really, you don't want to do too much but at the same time you don't want too little

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
It depends really, you don't want to do too much but at the same time you don't want too little

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its really hard. D:
Reply 56
Its really hard. D:

For GCSE it's not too bad because for most of them you can wing it and get a decent grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
For GCSE it's not too bad because for most of them you can wing it and get a decent grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

You say that.... :P
Reply 58
You say that.... :P

And I've got the grades to prove it:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had a good week this week...

Finally got that revision time table sorted out, me and my mentor did it in a meeting that we had.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending