The Student Room Group

Ancient Greek A level today

Anyone else find it really hard?
I did :frown:
Reply 2
I looked up the translations afterwards - big mistake- saw how many mistakes I made, I reckon I got about 50%. Did anyone else at your school take it and what did they think?
Reply 3
Thank God I wasn’t the only one! I don’t think the prose and scansion weren’t too bad but the verse was absolutely torturous! And the lack of forum like there is for Latin was especially nerve-wracking.
Poor you 😭 - but I’m sure you got more than 50, and anyway we all just need to make it up on the other papers - we’ve still got 3 left - there’s always hope 🏆🤞. I’ve also read that the grading will be slightly different this year:

It says on gov.uk: “I can confirm that, in 2023, we will return to pre-pandemic grading as the next step in getting back to normal. But giving the 2023 cohort some protection against any impact of COVID-19 disruption is the right thing to do.

We are, therefore, putting in place the same protection that was given for the first cohorts of students taking reformed GCSEs and A levels from 2017 onwards. That meant not disadvantaging students who might have performed less well because they were the first to sit new exams.”

(https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/grading-exams-and-assessments-in-summer-2023-and-autumn-2022)

So the grading will be different, but the paper was super hard so the grade boundaries won’t be as high as usual anyway (hopefully 🙏)
Reply 4
Only just seeing this as I anxiously await results day but I also found it so hard! I'd done all the past papers as well....
Original post by Lyleslatin
I looked up the translations afterwards - big mistake- saw how many mistakes I made, I reckon I got about 50%. Did anyone else at your school take it and what did they think?

hi do you remember what the text was as I wanna look back on it but can't remember

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending