The Student Room Group

Oh my god, look at those grades... They look like my next mistake..

Scroll to see replies

update:

Its now the easter holidays! :biggrin:

but i have so much work to do in it. :frown:
Original post by Midnightmemories

update:

Its now the easter holidays! :biggrin:

but i have so much work to do in it. :frown:
I quoted you :biggrin: :h: I had to take the swear out though :getmecoat:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15467-How-to-use-past-exam-papers-to-ace-your-exams

Good luck with your work :h: You can do it! :dumbells:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15467-How-to-use-past-exam-papers-to-ace-your-exams

I can't find the quote... D:

I'm hoping that i can finish the things i need to finish...
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

id say "stuff gets real" not "things get real" sounds better to me :getmecoat:
I have vaguely planned out everything that I'm doing over the easter break. I have put in a subject each day in my filofax.

I have to go and visit family over the holidays so i think i shall be taking some with me.
Original post by Raymat
Why don't you aim for all A*s? Or are you just trying to hide the fact that you are capable of doing much better than that? Then you ace your GCSEs with A*s and we all get surprised because we expected all Cs.

Edit: You said all Cs and above so you are probably aiming for all A*s. Sorry, didn't read carefully.

Not everyone that wants at least a C aims for an A*. Yes and A* is a great thing to have but for most people so long as all GCSE's are C or above then everything is good.

It's A Levels that really count.
I have vaguely planned out everything that I'm doing over the easter break. I have put in a subject each day in my filofax.

I have to go and visit family over the holidays so i think i shall be taking some with me.

Sounds like a good idea :smile:

Good luck in your exams after Easter, Midnight :smile: and I hope you do very well in them :smile:
Anyone have any idea of how to get my butt into gear and motivate myself to do some work? Just can't get my head around doing anything at the moment.
Reply 68
Original post by spotify95
Not everyone that wants at least a C aims for an A*. Yes and A* is a great thing to have but for most people so long as all GCSE's are C or above then everything is good.

It's A Levels that really count.

Although one thing I've learnt is to aim for the top, cause then I can safely fall short

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Anyone have any idea of how to get my butt into gear and motivate myself to do some work? Just can't get my head around doing anything at the moment.

Taser? In all seriousness there is no method, you just need the drive to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Taser? In all seriousness there is no method, you just need the drive to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no motivation. D:
Reply 71
I have no motivation. D:

Think to yourself "Do I want to be some failed layabout, working a dead end job? Or do I want to get somewhere?" - that's what I do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Although one thing I've learnt is to aim for the top, cause then I can safely fall short

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that is a good idea. Say for example, I aimed for 90% (on a university exam) I could fall short to 70% and still be pleased. However if I aimed for an "upper second" (2:1, 60%) and fell short I'd be lucky to get a pass (40%).

I suppose the same sort of scenario would apply to GCSE's and A Levels, only that they use A* - E, rather than 1st, Upper second (2:1), Lower second (2:2), Pass, and Fail.
Reply 73
Original post by spotify95
Yes, that is a good idea. Say for example, I aimed for 90% (on a university exam) I could fall short to 70% and still be pleased. However if I aimed for an "upper second" (2:1, 60%) and fell short I'd be lucky to get a pass (40%).

I suppose the same sort of scenario would apply to GCSE's and A Levels, only that they use A* - E, rather than 1st, Upper second (2:1), Lower second (2:2), Pass, and Fail.

Yeahhhh I just aim for 100% - never succeeded but I haven't completely failed anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
So i still haven't done that much... :/
wow thats so good, good luck and congratulations! I am currently not doing so well, please can I have some help as to how i can achieve good grades, for I work hard but its not enough for my parents, teachers or my grades, which is scary considering time is running out..(sorry to seem so negative.)
Well done! xx
Reply 76
I've hardly done any revising, and don't even have a good method to revise 😖😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
MMM with revision I'm not an expert but try flashcards they have worked wonders with me and then if you are a visual learner try images- drawings- touching your creative side. Another thing which I constantly do is namonics, dont know how to spell it but its where you do something like this-

A-mazing
E-mily
G-oes
D- ancing

: A minor
E minor
G major
D minor

HOPE i HELPED, dont worry I am stressed about heaps of things, especially my work!
Update:

Haven't really done that much during my time off, i've had a look thru my set works for English lit since i have a exam on them on the first day back, but thats it really...

Oops.
Update:

English lit exam actually went okay! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending