The Student Room Group

Oh my god, look at those grades... They look like my next mistake..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
Update:

English lit exam actually went okay! :redface:

Update:

Got results on said english mock today and i got a A in both parts... :woo: :nyan:

I was really surprised...

But for the last few days I've been feeling bit torn about my options for next year... I'm not sure i've made the right choice.. :/
You will ace them :smile: best of luck !!!
Original post by Andy98

I may have thought you were slightly older :colondollar:

haha same here - for some reason I thought she had finished her A-levels already..?! don't know where I got that from...
Reply 83
Original post by happysmile
haha same here - for some reason I thought she had finished her A-levels already..?! don't know where I got that from...

She's been on TSR a little longer than me, that's why I thought it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by happysmile

Original post by Andy98
She's been on TSR a little longer than me, that's why I thought it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why does everyone think I'm like 18? :giggle:
Reply 85
Why does everyone think I'm like 18? :giggle:

I'm 16 and you've been here longer than me so I assumed you must be older than me :innocent:

Posted from TSR Mobile
...GCSE's are a game, wanna play?"

I'm aiming to get all C's and above in my GCSEs.

My grades after my mocks where pretty good, all things considered.

So this is going to be my blog which i shall document my progress.. :smile:

Why such low standards???

I aimed for As and I got them.
Reply 87
Original post by VotreAltesse
Why such low standards???

I aimed for As and I got them.

Not everyone has the same ability. I aimed for a B in history, got an E. Other subjects I turned up on the day and aced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Not everyone has the same ability. I aimed for a B in history, got an E. Other subjects I turned up on the day and aced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This kind of makes me feel you just turned up to the History exam too.
Reply 89
This kind of makes me feel you just turned up to the History exam too.

Nope - history I worked my ass off for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Nope - history I worked my ass off for

Posted from TSR Mobile

You got aced an exam you just showed up to ... but failed one you "worked your ass off for" ... I'm sorry, but something ain't ringing right with all that.
Reply 91
You got aced an exam you just showed up to ... but failed one you "worked your ass off for" ... I'm sorry, but something ain't ringing right with all that.

I enjoy maths and have a natural ability in it - turned up and got an A*.

History I enjoyed and worked my ass off to remember all the historical information, but because I struggle with English I failed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I enjoy maths and have a natural ability in it - turned up and got an A*.

History I enjoyed and worked my ass off to remember all the historical information, but because I struggle with English I failed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't work hard enough, simple as.

I hated Physics, absolutely hated it ... I still got a B.
Reply 93
You didn't work hard enough, simple as.

I hated Physics, absolutely hated it ... I still got a B.

Have you not considered that maybe I just didn't do the right work? You can do loads of work but if it's not the right work it's pretty much pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Have you not considered that maybe I just didn't do the right work? You can do loads of work but if it's not the right work it's pretty much pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should I? ... It doesn't matter if you didn't do the appropriate work/revision or no work at all ... the fact is you didn't work enough and you got an E.

How could you even not do the right work? Surely you would go over everything you've done so far lol.

When I passed my history GCSEs or whatever I went back over the whole 2 years.
Reply 95
Why should I? ... It doesn't matter if you didn't do the appropriate work/revision or no work at all ... the fact is you didn't work enough and you got an E.

How could you even not do the right work? Surely you would go over everything you've done so far lol.

When I passed my history GCSEs or whatever I went back over the whole 2 years.

Yes but what I'm saying is, historically I was OK. I got an E because my diabolical English pulled me down - otherwise I could've got an A or a B - those were the teachers words

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yes but what I'm saying is, historically I was OK. I got an E because my diabolical English pulled me down - otherwise I could've got an A or a B - those were the teachers words

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's BS. I knew someone from China who was absolutely horrible in English, he still absolutely slaughtered his Geography coursework and exams.

Your English must be ****ing awful. But judging by your writing skills on this forum, they can't be lol
Reply 97
That's BS. I knew someone from China who was absolutely horrible in English, he still absolutely slaughtered his Geography coursework and exams.

Your English must be ****ing awful. But judging by your writing skills on this forum, they can't be lol

It's what I got told. I mean English as in essay type stuff, not just posting on a forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck
Original post by keromedic
Good luck

Thank you :smile: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending