The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Semester/Year Abroad in 3 Year Program

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to integrate a semester or even a whole year abroad in a "normal" 3 year bachelor program in Bath. In my case it would be N200 Management. I ask this because I definitely want to spend at least one semester in the US, so it is crucial for my decision which Uni to go to. I also want finish my bachelor degree in 3 years and would love to attend Bath so I hope it is somehow possible?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
It's definitely possible, but you'd have to contact your University about that to find out if you can as some courses don't allow it, if they don't have time or don't have any ties with other Universities. As far as I know though, if you do want to take a year or semester abroad you have to make your intentions known to your University from the get-go, or your first year, so that they can sort out all the paperwork, transcriptions and other stuff for the following year.
You mentioned Bath, and they do have worldwide partnerships:
We also have exchange agreements with partner institutions in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, the United States of America and Uruguay.Competition for places at some partner institutions can be very intense and we cannot guarantee that a period of study abroad will be available.

But Bath already have a 4 year Management degree with a placement year, so I'm not sure if they'll allow you to go abroad if you only take the 3 year option? But your best bet is to email them and ask! :smile:

(disclaimer: I'm not exactly knowledgeable in this area, but this is all the information I've come to understand from looking things up myself as I definitely want to study abroad too!)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by krno1
Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to integrate a semester or even a whole year abroad in a "normal" 3 year bachelor program in Bath. In my case it would be N200 Management. I ask this because I definitely want to spend at least one semester in the US, so it is crucial for my decision which Uni to go to. I also want finish my bachelor degree in 3 years and would love to attend Bath so I hope it is somehow possible?

Thank you! :smile:

Hi krno1,

At Bath you can either do a 3 year course or a 4 year course that includes a placement in the third year. If you would like to do the course in three years, unfortunately a placement abroad is not possible.
Please don't let this put you off as I really think a placement is a beneficial thing to do while you're at university! It gives you work experience, interview/application practice ready for when you graduate, you'll build your professional network and it might actually be a welcome break after two years of studying!
Bath university has excellent links with various employers so your opportunities will be endless, there'll definitely be something that interests you.

If you have any other questions, feel free to quote me and I'd be happy to answer them.

Carly
Second year Modern Languages and European Studies student

Quick Reply

Latest