The Student Room Group

Distance learning

Hello my mother has recently took ill and I've had to drop out of school to look after her I have been recommended to do distance learning at home but I am not able to do any distance learning where I sit an A level through AQA does anybody know of any distance learning websites that will let me do Biology, Chemistry and Physics A level through Edexcel as they allow you to do coursework rather than sit a practical exam.
The Distance Learning Centre, aka distancelearningcentre.com offers an Access to HE course (A level equivalent) with an option for Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

Most of the work is coursework based, which you submit online.

There are two short (30 minute) exams over Skype - One for Biology, and one for Chemistry. Both are part of a coursework based unit and are worth about 6 credits each when combined with the coursework for that particular unit.

The awarding body is Ascentis, as opposed to Edexcel. Ascentis is an accredited awarding body and is recognised by most universities. Certainly accepted by every university I have applied to (including those in the Russel Group).
Reply 2
I'm not sure which AO they use but try calling / emailing Home Learning College or NCC - both are supposed to be good providers for Alevels.
Reply 3
Another option may be the National extension college. They offer Edexcel A levels and also have there own test centres, should you struggle to find somewhere that will let you sit your exams as a private candidate.
Reply 4
Do liverpool JohnMoores accept this qualification for biomedical science on its own or with combined qualifications ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Brendy1
Do liverpool JohnMoores accept this qualification for biomedical science on its own or with combined qualifications ?

Check out prembrokshire college they do a ton of online a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
Check out prembrokshire college they do a ton of online a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks T.I.P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending