The Student Room Group

Declined a place because of UCAS application error

What should I do?

I submitted my UCAS application to do aeronautical engineering but I missed out a few of my grades because I was confused about how to list them all. (My college doesn't offer help with UCAS applications, they try to get most people apprenterships). I didn't know about my error until I was contacted to send my current grades and predicted grades. I have the grades (Distinction*) in the requirements but 3/5 of the universities declined me already because of my mistake.Brunel is the one i've been set on going to for the past year and i'm emailing back and forth sending them what they've request. But if they decline me what should I do? Should I send a new UCAS application and obviously include or my grades or what?
This has been the worst week of my life so far.

Eric
Original post by Eric020697
What should I do?

I submitted my UCAS application to do aeronautical engineering but I missed out a few of my grades because I was confused about how to list them all. (My college doesn't offer help with UCAS applications, they try to get most people apprenterships). I didn't know about my error until I was contacted to send my current grades and predicted grades. I have the grades (Distinction*) in the requirements but 3/5 of the universities declined me already because of my mistake.Brunel is the one i've been set on going to for the past year and i'm emailing back and forth sending them what they've request. But if they decline me what should I do? Should I send a new UCAS application and obviously include or my grades or what?
This has been the worst week of my life so far.

Eric

You can' t have more than one application for the year so no you can't send a new application for this year...To be honest i'm not sure there's much you can do but try and calling up each uni and explaining the situation to them, though i'm sure for them it will be to much hassle and they won't care much...
Reply 2
Contact UCAS asap and they may be able to resubmit your application or alert the universities you have applied to. Good luck!

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending