The Student Room Group

What does a successful oxford applicant look like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annnaharding
So Tom Burke.

Regretfully, Tom Burke is only 6ft and a veritable manlet.
Original post by callum_law
Regretfully, Tom Burke is only 6ft and a veritable manlet.

Yeah to be fair, he probably doesn't have a six pack either... but he is a Musketeer, so it balances out?
Yeah to be fair, he probably doesn't have a six pack either... but he is a Musketeer, so it balances out?

He's like a halfman. Next you'll be showing pics of Tyrion being the ideal Oxbridge applicant.
Reply 23
This.

maxresdefault.jpg
He's like a halfman. Next you'll be showing pics of Tyrion being the ideal Oxbridge applicant.

Cambridge LSE can have the Lannisters :P

(Forgot this was an Oxbridge thread, so, in the spirit of solidarity... sorry London.)
(edited 9 years ago)

I'm frustrated So Frustrated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Cambridge LSE can have the Lannisters :P

(Forgot this was an Oxbridge thread, so, in the spirit of solidarity... sorry London.)

In all seriousness, I would say Tyrion has the sharpest mind in Westeros and is deserving of Oxbridge education more than any other member of the Great Houses. srs bsns

Though, the actor who played Viserys, Dany's brother, studied English at Christ Church, Oxford. I think he is the only actor on the ensemble to go to Oxbridge. So there's that.
In all seriousness,
... well okay, if we're gonna get serious, I think I'd still choose a Musketeer/Cylon over any GoT cast member, sharp or not.

But I'm feeling bad for derailing, so...

Original post by e2014
I'm only in year 9

OP, I think you've got some good advice from two different perspectives on the first page, all I can add, is: Don't stress. Like you said, you're only in year 9, you've got ages yet! :smile:
Original post by simba_n
So far it hasn't landed me in any 'trouble' at all thanks.

My point is it often leads to great offence, primarily because it is typically linked to racist comments. I'm by no means saying you hold such views, but it really is an unfortunate phrase to use. Not a big deal, just pointing that out.

Original post by simba_n
I have been respectful of your views, but I can't believe you think it's okay to challenge people's opinions using the tone you have with me.

Your post above has reflected your opinions in a perfectly clear and respectable manner and challenged my opinions, whilst being less offensive and attacking

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I have found being blunt and frank is much more useful for applicants than a more fluffy/airy fairy approach. If that leads to offense then that's obviously regrettable but I have found it is most effective at getting information across clearly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending