The Student Room Group

living in the usa - compsci degree

I'm starting unviersity in september and will be doing a computer science degree. Would anyone that wanted to live and work in the US need a masters? I've had enough of the UK and really just want to leave as soon as possible. I hate living here, mainly because of the bordom.

I know you need work experience for about 3 years to apply for a visa, but will needing a master also be a requirement, or can i make due with a Bsc?

EDIT: I've just read on a website that i need FIVE ****ing years of experience?!?! LAst time i checked (last year) it was 3 years with a minimum 3 years degree.. wtf? I'll be 23 when i finish university, and 28 when i have 5 years of experience...

Ok, EDIT again: Can some tell me the difference between the EB-2 and EB-3 visa? The eb2 visa says you need to have "(a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field)." And the EB3 visa says "“Skilled workers” are persons whose job requires a minimum of 2 years training or work experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature
“Professionals” are persons whose job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent and are a member of the professions
The “other workers” subcategory is for persons performing unskilled labor requiring less than 2 years training or experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature."
How much work experience would someone with a 3 year Bsc degree need?
Here's the link for info:
http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-third-preference-eb-3
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending