The Student Room Group

changing uni

Hello everyone
Hope I'm in the right place to ask this question. I'm currently on a course with the OU and have found that whereas I was very excited and enjoyed it to begin with I am now finding that the interaction is no where near giving me the kind of support or encouragement I was looking for.
I am a mature student who lacks confidence and thought that by doing a degree online it would better fit with family life. However I'm getting disheartened with it and so my question is does anyone know if I can change universities when I've finished the year?
The reason I ask is because I have found that my local college does the English lit and creative writing degree that I'm doing, which I never thought they would being a college and therefore didn't even enquire.
I'm really fed up at the OU so if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by luty61
Hello everyone
Hope I'm in the right place to ask this question. I'm currently on a course with the OU and have found that whereas I was very excited and enjoyed it to begin with I am now finding that the interaction is no where near giving me the kind of support or encouragement I was looking for.
I am a mature student who lacks confidence and thought that by doing a degree online it would better fit with family life. However I'm getting disheartened with it and so my question is does anyone know if I can change universities when I've finished the year?
The reason I ask is because I have found that my local college does the English lit and creative writing degree that I'm doing, which I never thought they would being a college and therefore didn't even enquire.
I'm really fed up at the OU so if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

I've known people do this, so it must be possible at at least some institutions. In the cases I've known about, the institution the student moved to would accept the study already completed as equivalent to a certain amount of the degree the student was transferring into.

It ought to be worth at least enquiring at your local college. In my limited experience sometimes even if there isn't a formal advertised process for this there is some kind of mechanism which will make it happen. Of course it might be that they can't help you, but it can't hurt to ask and they might be pleased to have the interest.
Reply 2
Thanks, I will ask as soon as they're open again. Its worth a try. Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending