The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
No, I'm sorry- if you're a straight A candidate you have no chance at all. :rolleyes:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Yeah, best drop your application to Edinburgh and apply to Napier instead. It's just as good, really!
so what, you have met the minimum entry requirements, hasn't everyone?

Edinburgh are gonna take you if your PERSONAL attributes are strong, not your academic ability. This is said again and again on this forum....
Besides, what do you trust? Edinburgh prospectus- straight from the horse's mouth- or The Times- a third party who may or may not have an agenda.
Might as well try.

Oh, by the way, I am an admissions tutor, so I would know.
However your username oddly warms my heart.
Reply 7
Ermm I'm just got an offer with
3 A's AS 1 predicted 1 at AS 1 predicted B at AS
AAB-ABB prediction at A2
and 6A*s 3 As and 1 B at gcse....
EUrgh, letters, numbers, asterisks...

Congrats however.
Reply 9
Hey I have no a*s at GCSE predicted AA/BB and I have an offer. Apply and see what happens.
Changeling
Ermm I'm just got an offer with
3 A's AS 1 predicted 1 at AS 1 predicted B at AS
AAB-ABB prediction at A2
and 6A*s 3 As and 1 B at gcse....

For economics?
Reply 11
I applied for History of Art with Chinese Studies and being a COMPLETE obsessive compulsive, I went and checked their admin' stats' for that course dating 2006, 7 applications and 1 offer (and that was unconditional) so I got worried and decided to give up all hope (a week ago) and then I got an offer even though they wanted me to have a B grade foreign language at AS and I didn't.

FYI. GCSEs: 2 A*, 2 A, 4 B, 2 C. AS:BBBBC

So it's not all bad. In fact, I have a friend on that course who got AAAC and he's having a blast up there right now.

In line with what someone else said earlier. Yes, I hear that they do enjoy their personal statements.

Latest

Trending

Trending