The Student Room Group

Why is 30 seen as old relationship wise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
lol no Asanda certainly is not my husband...however he's right, I did meet my other half online. Yahoo People finder, back in the day.

Do you ever feel like cheating on him or sleeping with other men?
Original post by Elysnai

What would I want to do that for. The idea of having to impress somebody else after 14 years of being with the same person who knows me so well, is frankly quite terrifying.
Reply 42
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
What would I want to do that for. The idea of having to impress somebody else after 14 years of being with the same person who knows me so well, is frankly quite terrifying.

Do you feel like trying exotic men like African men? Have you never ever slept with another man in your 14 year relationship with your husband? I'd get bored if I was you, as I'd feel like my life was slipping by without ever having tried another taste in a man.
I don't know but I know it's a load of nonsense.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
The idea that you should get married at all is outdated.

I agree.

..although I'll always make exceptions for some people though of course :tongue: you whistling kettle.
Original post by Elysnai

Original post by Elysnai
Do you feel like trying exotic men like African men?

Have you never ever slept with another man in your 14 year relationship with your husband?

These questions though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elysnai
Do you feel like trying exotic men like African men? Have you never ever slept with another man in your 14 year relationship with your husband? I'd get bored if I was you, as I'd feel like my life was slipping by without ever having tried another taste in a man.

Can't say I have ever harboured a burning desire to randomly sleep with an African guy just for the sake of it, no.
No I've never slept with another man during the time I've been with my husband. I have, however, slept with other people before I met him.
I suggest you don't get married then if you feel monogamy is not for you.
It's only seen that way by some because they have very over-simplified views on life.

Certain people believe that goals in life have certain age brackets (e.g. to get married by 30, have kids by 40, etc.) even though it solely depends on the individual in question and what their own perspectives and goals in life are.
Reply 49
Marriage and Monogamy is so outdated. Polyamory is the future!
Reply 50
Original post by Jay84
I don't think marriage is generally that romantic at all. It is just a big business and is pretty much an expensive anachronism. It is usually a gesture for the benefit of people not in the relationship and I can't see much romance in that. For me romance is private and not necessarily a spectacular planned out gesture.

I hate the way marriage is still valued above the underlying relationship itself. For instance, people tend to get loads of sympathy for a divorce but nobody seems to care when unmarried people split up, even if they are truly life partners and it is more tragic.

Well said, agree with every word
Reply 51
Original post by AsandaLFC
What are u guys studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant from my class at secondary school; in other words he is only my age.
Reply 52
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I'm inclined to think of marriage as outdated as well to be honest, although I don't think that I'd have the right to tell others whether their marriage was worth their while or not.

Agreed. I wouldn't judge anyone's marriage per se but on the other hand, I just don't give a relationship extra weight because the couple happened to stand in front of a registrar in best bib and tucker one day. Even legally there isn't a great deal of difference in practice if you have things like a will etc. I think one of the only things left that you really need to get married for is family accommodation if you are in the army

For example, one of my sisters got divorced when she was 24. Everyone was giving her massive sympathy as if it was a bereavement but in reality, there was no kids, no mortgage and no infidelity. They had only been together a total of 16 months and it just wasn't working out.

Now, on the other hand, when I split up with girlfriends I had lived with for longer than they had even known each other nobody gave a toss because they were just 'girlfriends' and not wives. Never mind that the intentions to stay together were exactly the same.

Original post by WhimsicalSloth

If it appealed to them and they wanted to do it then I'd be happy for them. But for me personally, it's not a huge deal :smile: Bride's fretting needlessly over whether their dress is real silk or whether the venue is fancy enough just baffles me to be honest. But people express their love in different ways.

Same. It is just a shame it costs every **** they know an arm and a leg to prove that they are happy for them.

It is also a sad sight when you see your mates working themselves to the bone for years to pay for a day that they won't necessarily enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending