The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Accomodation 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Claros
I know I've already asked this question before, however I got no responses at all so I'm going to ask it again. Has anyone had their accommodation application verified yet? I applied on the 15th for accommodation so I'm wondering if maybe verification doesn't take place until after our grades our confirmed in August, or is it something different?

I have an acknowledgement of my application but from what I understand our rooms won't be allocated until after results day.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Fish96
I have an acknowledgement of my application but from what I understand our rooms won't be allocated until after results day.

Was this through an email? Does it say on the portal that it's been verified, or does 'verified' mean that you've been allocated a room and so this won't happen until we get our results?
Reply 182
Original post by Claros
I know I've already asked this question before, however I got no responses at all so I'm going to ask it again. Has anyone had their accommodation application verified yet? I applied on the 15th for accommodation so I'm wondering if maybe verification doesn't take place until after our grades our confirmed in August, or is it something different?

I understand that until you meet your offer conditions, ie after your A level results come out, it will show as 'awaiting verification'.

if accommodation options is not showing, it's because it has been over subscribed

good luck
Original post by AZ_97
I understand that until you meet your offer conditions, ie after your A level results come out, it will show as 'awaiting verification'.

if accommodation options is not showing, it's because it has been over subscribed

good luck

Thank you, that's made me worry a lot less! I had already applied on the 15th and managed to put the Quads as my first choice, but I was worried that because it hadn't been verified that it might have been pushed back or something. Now that I know that it isn't verified until results I feel a lot better. :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by Claros
Thank you, that's made me worry a lot less! I had already applied on the 15th and managed to put the Quads as my first choice, but I was worried that because it hadn't been verified that it might have been pushed back or something. Now that I know that it isn't verified until results I feel a lot better. :smile:

Glad you got Quads. I waited over 4 months before my Bath offer came through and I didn't want to firm Bath until the dept open day. By the time of the visit on 22 April, Quads had been over subscribed.
Original post by AZ_97
Glad you got Quads. I waited over 4 months before my Bath offer came through and I didn't want to firm Bath until the dept open day. By the time of the visit on 22 April, Quads had been over subscribed.

That's a shame, I hope you like the accommodation that you're allocated though :smile:

I had initially wanted Woodland Court, but I never expected that both Woodland and Malborough/Solsbury would be oversubscribed in just 2 days!
Reply 186
Most probably I'll get Westwood or Eastwood. Just worrying if I would be allowed to stay in the same room during Christmas and Easter holidays. I'm an international student and have nowhere to go! Anyone knows, please?
Can anyone tell me how the room sizes between Polden court and the quads compare as these are my first two choices and would like to know if anyone has lived in either , since the pictures on the website don't seem to show how large the rooms are! Anyone could help me I would really appreciate it! :smile:
I live in Westwood and you can stay over. I think there is one block in the whole uni where they ask you to leave it vacant as they use it over the holidays but I live with an international student who stays over.
Reply 189
Original post by HennersPD
Can anyone tell me how the room sizes between Polden court and the quads compare as these are my first two choices and would like to know if anyone has lived in either , since the pictures on the website don't seem to show how large the rooms are! Anyone could help me I would really appreciate it! :smile:

During a recent visit to Bath, we were shown Quads, though all the rooms had gone for 2015/16. They designed Quads with bigger communal space at the cost of smaller bedrooms - they were quite compact !

The room sizes throughout campus don't vary massively. There are some bigger rooms for sure though. I live in Westwood and the room is big enough for me. The difference with the Quads is that everything is new and there is big communal space as well as a big kitchen plus dining space. If money is no object then go for the quads. I have no idea about polden i'm afraid.

Edit: Quads are en-suite tooo!
Edit 2: Polden rooms look bigger but I think the communal space is smaller. Quads is newer though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jubjamie
The room sizes throughout campus don't vary massively. There are some bigger rooms for sure though. I live in Westwood and the room is big enough for me. The difference with the Quads is that everything is new and there is big communal space as well as a big kitchen plus dining space. If money is no object then go for the quads. I have no idea about polden i'm afraid.

Edit: Quads are en-suite tooo!
Edit 2: Polden rooms look bigger but I think the communal space is smaller. Quads is newer though.

See I don't know whether to go for the largest room in Polden or the quads?! Both are two of my choices but cannot decide which to put as first prefrence! When you say the quads have more compact rooms - how small are they in comparison to somewhere like Polden as the photos on the website don't give a very accurate idea of the actual room sizes...! Any advice would be helpful :smile:
Ngl I haven't been in either properly. Just note that Polden is fully catered and that the Quads is half catered. This is a far more important decision than room size. Trust me. Unless you are a room size snob I think you'll be find with either room. I would be inclined to say the polden rooms are slightly bigger in some cases.
Phew.. got what I would've wanted (Eastwood) but was very surprised at how fast all other accommodation went.

Still Eastwood, Westwood and John Wood Court available as previous poster said.
Original post by Libertah
Phew.. got what I would've wanted (Eastwood) but was very surprised at how fast all other accommodation went.

Still Eastwood, Westwood and John Wood Court available as previous poster said.

The nicest, most popular halls go first. Eastwood and Westwood are some of the oldest halls and JWC is in the city centre.
The nicest, most popular halls go first. Eastwood and Westwood are some of the oldest halls and JWC is in the city centre.

But also the priciest, I guess Bath is a pretty expensive place to live wherever you are but I think £155/pw for self catered is just plain unnecessary.
Original post by Libertah
But also the priciest, I guess Bath is a pretty expensive place to live wherever you are but I think £155/pw for self catered is just plain unnecessary.

Oh for sure. It's an expensive city but I'd say it's worth it. Private accommodation is a bit more reasonable and can be a good price if you look hard enough like I did :biggrin:

Bath is quite a rich university and can students will happily pay for the more expensive halls first which shows that cost doesn't matter for all people. £155 is insane to me but if I could afford to then I would. Woodland is pretty sick :smile:
Ngl I haven't been in either properly. Just note that Polden is fully catered and that the Quads is half catered. This is a far more important decision than room size. Trust me. Unless you are a room size snob I think you'll be find with either room. I would be inclined to say the polden rooms are slightly bigger in some cases.

Which room in Polden court would you recommend? Small, Standard or Large? And also out of the Quads and Polden Court which would you say is the better option?
Which room in Polden court would you recommend? Small, Standard or Large? And also out of the Quads and Polden Court which would you say is the better option?

I have no idea what the room types are etc i'm afraid. Although overall I think the Quads is better. Catered accommodation at Bath just offers you a pre-paid card (at a discount) for locations on campus. This can make it very hard to make full use of it as sometimes you just want a small meal and you're stuck with catered credit. The Quads allows you the best of both worlds as it is half catered so you can cook if you want but when you cant be bothered you can go and get something from the bar or something.

Also the Quads are VERY new. They opened this year and have all new kitchens, TVs plus social rooms along with it's own laundry room. If I could, I would have gone Quads.
I have no idea what the room types are etc i'm afraid. Although overall I think the Quads is better. Catered accommodation at Bath just offers you a pre-paid card (at a discount) for locations on campus. This can make it very hard to make full use of it as sometimes you just want a small meal and you're stuck with catered credit. The Quads allows you the best of both worlds as it is half catered so you can cook if you want but when you cant be bothered you can go and get something from the bar or something.

Also the Quads are VERY new. They opened this year and have all new kitchens, TVs plus social rooms along with it's own laundry room. If I could, I would have gone Quads.

Are the rooms significantly smaller in the quads compared to the golden court rooms or not?

Quick Reply

Latest