The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Accomodation 2015

Scroll to see replies

So I was an idiot, among others, who has applied for my accommodation late (this was like early May) and the only option left was John Wood Court. So I had to pick it.

I was wondering if I could get some HONEST feedback at how bad/good it is living off-campus as opposed to on-campus. I want the University "experience", as cheesy as it sounds, because I want to enjoy myself.

I feel as though if I'm off campus I'll miss half the fun.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Can those who have put Bath down as a back up apply for accommodation yet?
Original post by Jena.R
Hi there,
Super random specific question but...
Can anyone at bath let me know what the inside of the wardrobes look like? In all the pictures, everyone has the big wooden ones but there is no way of know if it is only hanging space inside or if there are drawers. I'm just asking because I prefer putting most of my stuff in drawers/shelves so I was wondering if I should bring along some of those portable plastic ones to put inside the wardrobe.
Thanks!

Just for the sake of future readers...

Quads wardrobes have three big shelves at the bottom, hanging space, and then an enormous shelf so high up you've either got to be very tall or find something to stand on. Good for stuff you rarely access.

I imagine most accommodation blocks are the same/very similar.
Hi, I've applied for the Quads and hope to study Pharmacy at Bath! Just need AAB now; fingers crossed!:wink: Good luck to everyone else who has applied to Bath this year!
Original post by TomB1996
Hi, I've applied for the Quads and hope to study Pharmacy at Bath! Just need AAB now; fingers crossed!:wink: Good luck to everyone else who has applied to Bath this year!

Good luck with that! I was a Quads resident this past year so don't hesitate to message me or anything if there's anything I can do/answer :smile:
Original post by President Snow
Good luck with that! I was a Quads resident this past year so don't hesitate to message me or anything if there's anything I can do/answer :smile:

Thank you! I don't have any questions at the moment, but if I do i'll give you a shout. Tom
Reply 226
Hi,I am also one of those who applied late, so John Wood single room was my only option. Actually I preferred to be in a shared room. Is there any chance that I will be allocated in the room with somebody, since John Wood accommodation has shared rooms as well? Is it possible to change my accommodation during the year? By the way, I am going to study biomedical sciences and can not wait. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Gretka
Hi,I am also one of those who applied late, so John Wood single room was my only option. Actually I preferred to be in a shared room. Is there any chance that I will be allocated in the room with somebody, since John Wood accommodation has shared rooms as well? Is it possible to change my accommodation during the year? By the way, I am going to study biomedical sciences and can not wait. Thank you :smile:

I also applied late, and John Wood was my only option. Late in August I recieved an email saying that I could swap to certain accommodations as some people had missed their offer or changed their minds, so there might be that option for you.

If that doesn't or happen or you don't want to wait, after results day email the accommodation people and ask if you can switch to shared room and/or on campus. I do know people who have changed accommodations early on / middle through the year, and people who moved from shared to single. Good luck!
Reply 228
Original post by SeanFM
I also applied late, and John Wood was my only option. Late in August I recieved an email saying that I could swap to certain accommodations as some people had missed their offer or changed their minds, so there might be that option for you.

If that doesn't or happen or you don't want to wait, after results day email the accommodation people and ask if you can switch to shared room and/or on campus. I do know people who have changed accommodations early on / middle through the year, and people who moved from shared to single. Good luck!

This is very helpful. Thank you so much! :smile:
has anyone received an accomadation offer?
Can I still swap the order of preferences for accomodation? anybody knows?
Original post by JulieNessa
has anyone received an accomadation offer?

I got, and confirmed, mine last week ☺️
Hi,

I am starting Msc Marketing at University of Bath this September. I am looking for accommodation. I am not sure where to look for housing.

Any suggestions??
Thanks
Reply 233
I confirmed a week or so ago for Solsbury Court. Anyone else here?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by feb96
I confirmed a week or so ago for Solsbury Court. Anyone else here?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesss i was confirmed 2 days ago! Very pleased-thought it would be allocated in late august!
Reply 235
Hi
Can anyone help please, on my Bath online accommodation portal it now shows this :-

'The following option is now available : Accept my accommodation'

But when I click on it, nothing happens. I thought we didn't get a firm offer of accommodation until the A-level results come out in August. I have seen comments by others here saying they have confirmed/accepted their offer of accommodation, do those accommodation offers only apply to students who have already met their conditions for their course ?
thanks
Original post by AZ_97
Hi
Can anyone help please, on my Bath online accommodation portal it now shows this :-

'The following option is now available : Accept my accommodation'

But when I click on it, nothing happens. I thought we didn't get a firm offer of accommodation until the A-level results come out in August. I have seen comments by others here saying they have confirmed/accepted their offer of accommodation, do those accommodation offers only apply to students who have already met their conditions for their course ?
thanks

It says the same when I go on my accommodation so I asked a couple of other people, they said that theirs is the same as well and nothing happens when they click it so I wouldn't worry :smile:

As I understand it offers of accommodation are going out only to people who've already got their results because they deferred or did IB etc.

Us mere mortals doing A levels will have to wait a little longer!
Reply 237
Original post by Nicola34
It says the same when I go on my accommodation so I asked a couple of other people, they said that theirs is the same as well and nothing happens when they click it so I wouldn't worry :smile:

As I understand it offers of accommodation are going out only to people who've already got their results because they deferred or did IB etc.

Us mere mortals doing A levels will have to wait a little longer!

Many thanks Nicola
I am in the same situation. Any suggestions for postgraduate accommodation?
Hi guys,

I am going to start MSc in modern applications of mathematics in September and I found it difficult to find accommodation for postgraduates students. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest