The Student Room Group

Article: Why now is the best time to start revising

We've got a new study help article hot of the press for you guys here.

How has your half term been? Have you been organising your notes or started revision yet?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I was hyped up for this half term to change everything, sort my workload out, start my revision, but surprise surprise its Friday and i have done nothing -.- I get annoyed with myself but i know i need to start soon otherwise im gonna fail my alevels, did visit Nottingham Uni so that added motivation to revise but as soon as i get home its just like meh, ill watch tv. I do get annoyed and im giving myself this chance to start over on Monday when i go back to school, ive set up a few things and i do think this Monday will be my last chance to actually save my alevel grades :L
Reply 2
Original post by dynomit999
I was hyped up for this half term to change everything, sort my workload out, start my revision, but surprise surprise its Friday and i have done nothing -.- I get annoyed with myself but i know i need to start soon otherwise im gonna fail my alevels, did visit Nottingham Uni so that added motivation to revise but as soon as i get home its just like meh, ill watch tv. I do get annoyed and im giving myself this chance to start over on Monday when i go back to school, ive set up a few things and i do think this Monday will be my last chance to actually save my alevel grades :L

I feel this so badly...

That's sounds so much like what I did this half term as well. Only I didn't go on any uni visits. I spent the whole day sleeping today and only got up eat lunch, take a shower and have a music lesson. I tried motivating myself as I got mocks in two weeks but meh.
Reply 4

What did you get for first year and what are you predicted?
Original post by PurpleGhost25175
That's sounds so much like what I did this half term as well. Only I didn't go on any uni visits. I spent the whole day sleeping today and only got up eat lunch, take a shower and have a music lesson. I tried motivating myself as I got mocks in two weeks but meh.

Ah man, visiting the uni did give me a surge of motivation, just realising that i could be there in September as long as i work now, but once I get home it disapears, hopefully itll kick in asap!
Original post by Async
What did you get for first year and what are you predicted?

Last Year I got: A2 - Russian (a)
A2 - Maths (c)
AS - Physics (d)
AS - Chemistry (d)

Worked my ass off at the star of the year for the predicted grades, that is the level of motivation i really need to get back but in the end i got predicted an a in chemistry, b in physics and b in further maths. This is deffo what helped me get my offers cause my as grades are shocking!

Duuude! I'm in the same situation as you haha. I was planning to catch up on all my work, revise, past papers etc. But no, it's Friday and i have done jack all. Quite annoyed tho. I might try make a timetable bec. it looks like i need one. I thought i left revision not too late but that i had put myself in a risky start. However, according to this page it's "early" lol.

Just curious what grades are you aiming for or need for your uni offers?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8

I do the same... Start tomorrow would be my advice. Don't put it off until Monday, you have 2 full days extra to get your head around those tricky bits. By putting it off until Monday, I know I'd get there and say "Ah, it can wait"...

Reading this I feel like I couldnt have worded it any better myself, I am exactly the same! My only motivation is that I have firmed my offer from the uni I want to go to, but even that doesnt seem to be enough to actually get me started. I really need to get my act together asap!
Original post by sadeqrahman
Duuude! I'm in the same situation as you haha. I was planning to catch up on all my work, revise, past papers etc. But no, it's Friday and i have done jack all. Quite annoyed tho. I might try make a timetable bec. it looks like i need one. I thought i left revision not too late but that i had put myself in a risky start. However, according to this page it's "early" lol.

Just curious what grades are you aiming for or need for your uni offers?

Well I'm planning on doing a foundation year for engineering at Nottingham and all I need is a c in physics to get in. But I want to get a good set of alevels man, they are important qualifications! Would love an a in physics and chem and a b in further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chippu
I do the same... Start tomorrow would be my advice. Don't put it off until Monday, you have 2 full days extra to get your head around those tricky bits. By putting it off until Monday, I know I'd get there and say "Ah, it can wait"...

That is a good idea tbh but I've given myself this weekend to sort out all my other stuff like gym sports and everything so that it don't get in the way of my work :/ then schoolwork starts on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by esraakdag
Reading this I feel like I couldnt have worded it any better myself, I am exactly the same! My only motivation is that I have firmed my offer from the uni I want to go to, but even that doesnt seem to be enough to actually get me started. I really need to get my act together asap!

Yeah same here, but visiting Nottingham has helped me a lot so I'm feeling allot more ready to start on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been there myself. This past week I've set myself a tight schedule and although I didn't stick to it perfectly, I've done most of the stuff I wanted to do. A few past papers but mostly revising the whole of my subjects. But ive got a plan for what to revise once I'm back to school. Going to imperial and Ucl and having a challenging offer A*AAA plus merit in aea has helped with the motivation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My problem is I Procrastinate. I did some work but not as much as I wanted and therefore didn't actually get to do the subject I need to do!!! ARGHgh... A timetable doesn't work cause I never stick to it, cause I get bored and it feels like a chore.

I know how you feel! I still haven't begun either ._. I suppose try revising in a different environment without your phone around. And give yourself breaks but don't procrastinate :wink:
Looks like I'll be starting Monday too!

Good luck with your revision and exams :smile:
Original post by Juday
I know how you feel! I still haven't begun either ._. I suppose try revising in a different environment without your phone around. And give yourself breaks but don't procrastinate :wink:
Looks like I'll be starting Monday too!

Good luck with your revision and exams :smile:

Yeah I've started putting my phone out of sight and on silent, has helped ngl! Thanks man, best of luck to you too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
going to start leaving my phone downstairs while i revise in my room,....dont want my mum looking at my texts tho....
Reply 18

I am totally guilty of doing this, instead of revising and refreshing my notes I've just realised all I've done this half term is literature coursework, and so far it's all waffling... Not a good position to be in I must admit :eek:
I need to make a timetable for this term.
Best time to start is September. But don't burn urself out like i did -.-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending