The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Bristol or Lancaster??

Hi guys!
I've got conditional offers for Accounting&Finance (just Finance for Lancaster) but still not sure which one to firm.

After talking to many people I got various opinions for both Unis. Many said that it's a no brainer that I should go to Bristol as it's higher in overall ranking and the city would be a better place to live in. But isn't LUMS ranked higher??:confused: So confused...

I've been to both Bristol and Lancaster and after yesterday's visit I think Lancaster is not too bad either!

I'm an international student so I don't really know how the Brits regard these Unis. Could anyone please give me some advice??

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi,

I have friends at both Universities and they tell me they love their time there. However, the only complaint my friend has from Lancaster is the area as there's not much to do.
Whereas Bristol is an excellent city with great travel links to the south west. But overall I hear both Universities are fantastic.

It's obviously up to you, but good luck! :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Go to Bristol because it's a Russell Group. More nationally and internationally renowned by employers and the university is more beautiful as well. Bristol is great city to visit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jayzema
Hi,

I have friends at both Universities and they tell me they love their time there. However, the only complaint my friend has from Lancaster is the area as there's not much to do.
Whereas Bristol is an excellent city with great travel links to the south west. But overall I hear both Universities are fantastic.

It's obviously up to you, but good luck! :smile:

That's what I fear about Lancaster. I'm currently in a boarding school in the middle of nowhere and it can be a bit claustrophobic (if that's even the right word) sometimes. Maybe it's just because of the fact that there are registrations throughout the day and I can't just go out whenever I want. Hopefully it won't be like this in the uni. But I'm not a very outgoing person though. So few clubs and somewhat dull nightlife won't be my problem. :wink: It's just the power to make a choice to leave that I'm after.
Anyway, thank you so much! :smile:

Original post by Raymat
Go to Bristol because it's a Russell Group. More nationally and internationally renowned by employers and the university is more beautiful as well. Bristol is great city to visit.

It is a beautiful city indeed! I spent a couple of months in a language school there. But then again I don't know why I hesitate to spend the next 3 years of my life there so much. Maybe I need to make another visit just to make up my mind. Thank you for your advice. :smile:

This would be a tough decision for me to make...
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending