The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths Fine Art Applications 2015

Hey people! Just wondering if anybody has applied to Goldsmiths for Fine Art this year? and if you have do you have an interview yet? I uploaded my online portfolio over a week ago and have heard nothing back!! Panicking haha!!

Also if you have an online portfolio PM me, I'd be interested to have a look and i can also send you mine :smile::smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I know a few people have been rejected! I only have one offer and that's from my last choice :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm waiting too ! I'll pm mine if you do the same? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Ugh slade and goldsmiths were my top choices..... Sad times :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm applying for fine art too! I submitted my digital portfolio, just waiting to hear from them.
The interviews starts in april, they should reply within 2-3 weeks.
I'm hoping this time they'll reply quicker, unlike the digital portfolio request. I got mine a week before the deadline.
I desperately want a goldsmiths interview now after the chances I have one @Slade looking extremely unlikely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

well, I'm going to be optimistic and try not to freak out too much
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
This is last year's thread, it looked like interviews are usually in the first week of easter
Reply 8
Ahh great seems they do take longer than usual!! Gives me peace if mind a little. Haha now I feel a little more ready to let go of my first choice 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
hmm...well i'm optimise was short lived, just got rejected
Reply 10
OHHH dear.... I haven't got a mail yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hey guys, have also applied for fine art and still not heard anything back yet about an interview / rejection. My friend got his rejection for the fine art course at Goldsmiths on Monday but he got an interview at the Slade! Strange eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Bethmellett
Just goes to show that you really can't guess what they're looking for, I've been rejected from chelsea (after interview) and Oxford (no interview) so I'm not very optimistic. Will probably get a rejection myself tomorrow..

Oh boy. They're really tough! What other unis are you applying to?
Although i havent heard back from slade yet, i just got an interview invitation from goldsmiths. Might want to check your emails!
Congrats on the invite !!! I still haven't heard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by crystalttyy
Although i havent heard back from slade yet, i just got an interview invitation from goldsmiths. Might want to check your emails!

Well done!! I'm beginning to get into a pretty desperate mindset and wondered if they're maybe sifting through names alphabetically?! My friend's last name begins with an A and he got rejected on the monday. I'm hoping that's the case anyway (but probably not :'))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Bethmellett
annnddddd it's the last day of feb and still nothing (or am I imagining them saying itd be the end of feb they'd get back to everyone?)

If you hadn't heard anything that's a good sign! They've handed out mostly rejections, and some interviews. I think the first week in March is the latest they respond. :smile:
Reply 17
My surname starts with an S, and I got rejected on Thursday. I don't think they have a system
Reply 18
Original post by AiiSuri
My surname starts with an S, and I got rejected on Thursday. I don't think they have a system

Yeah I thought it was a pretty desperate thought! Sorry you didn't get in, they're tougher than I initially expected. I'm feeling confident I'm waiting for a rejection at this rate.
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest