The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Newnham College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I must also remember to print off a map! Knowing me, I'll end up at the wrong side of town.

It isss! It's so lovely and sunny! :smile: Come on summer!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 381
Eurgh, no. No summer. Summer = too hot, hayfever, and EXAMS. Nonononononononono. *cowers from all*
Reply 382
Get a cab! It's worth £6 to not have to chug across town and be late..
Reply 383
If any of you were the one who accidentally shoved her prospectus in my face as I was walking into the buttery...we've met! :wink: :p:

Otherwise, I hope you've all been having a good day!
Reply 384
Oh yeah, good point about hayfever actually. I'm going to eat local honey as much as I can and see if it makes the suffering any less!

Aawh, that wasn't meeeee. But yeah, had a really good day, love ittt! :smile:
Reply 385
Woohoooo! Glad you enjoyed it -- shame you weren't here 2 days ago, though, when there was less fog and more absolutely amazing sunshine!

I've just about overcome my bizarre allergy to honey (which was attributed to hayfever), so am hoping this summer won't be too unbearable!
Reply 386
I knowww, sod's law, eh!? Of all the days to be foggy! We couldn't see half the place, but it's still lurverlly.

Allergic to honey!? Oh noo. Honey is lovely! I'm yet to find any antihistamine which actually works for me so summer is usually helll. I managed to avoid the worst last year though because I was abroad for a while.
Reply 387
my thoughts exactly yemil, why on earth today of all days? and guess what i made it there before 11.30:smile: and i wasnt even the lastg one in! impressed?!?

and epitome, it wasnt me with the prospectus either:smile:
Reply 388
Very impressed about getting there on time milly!

And the prspectus incident was just funny -- whoever it was was waving it animatedly and it and I met at a corner. :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 389
Milly, which one were you!? :smile:
Well done on making it in time!
Reply 390
yemil
Milly, which one were you!? :smile:
Well done on making it in time!

ermm, i was one of the engineers, and had a green top on if that helps, im asian too.....which one were you?
i was looking around thinking that you MUST be one of them but i didnt even know which subject you were doing lol
Reply 391
I was wearing a black and white coat.. dark brown hair, tallish. I was sat in the front row at the talk (got there so early, haha). Geographyyy!
I don't remember seeing you, I have such a short memory span!
Reply 392
yemil
I was wearing a black and white coat.. dark brown hair, tallish. I was sat in the front row at the talk (got there so early, haha). Geographyyy!
I don't remember seeing you, I have such a short memory span!

i remember seeing a couple of girls at the front with black and white coats lol
i think trying to remember is gonna be a lost cause
and i wont even go back to newnham till october 09, its sad :frown: lol
Reply 393
Haha yeah, lost cause indeed! Oh well :smile:
Awh, that is sad! Are you doing something amazing in your gap year though?
Reply 394
yemil
Haha yeah, lost cause indeed! Oh well :smile:
Awh, that is sad! Are you doing something amazing in your gap year though?

hehe i wish, no im taking part in the year in industry scheme, so ill be earning money. judging from what people have said, it'll be up to me how good i make it for myself, so i just need to keep my fingers crossed and i would love to travel somewhere during the summer before starting uni, btu its all sketchy, i cant decide anything untill i get a job offer and i accept it!
Reply 395
Aah, I'm sure you will make it good fun! :smile:
Reply 396
yemil
Aah, I'm sure you will make it good fun! :smile:

fingers crossed XD
Reply 397
hey everyone-

got an offer for economics here from the pool, am so pleased i ended up here! really enjoyed the open day on the 13th, it made me feel so much more comfortable about the college and people there!

I was really worried that there would be an all-girl boarding school thing going on but everyone I met was not like that at all!

Am new to TSR because someone I met at the college said that there was an active newnham thread on here :smile: please excuse me though if my technological skill on here leaves somewhat to be desired!
Reply 398
leahcb8
hey everyone-

got an offer for economics here from the pool, am so pleased i ended up here! really enjoyed the open day on the 13th, it made me feel so much more comfortable about the college and people there!

I was really worried that there would be an all-girl boarding school thing going on but everyone I met was not like that at all!

Am new to TSR because someone I met at the college said that there was an active newnham thread on here :smile: please excuse me though if my technological skill on here leaves somewhat to be desired!

hehe dont worry, its been barely a month since i joined and im not much better either.
im milly by the way :smile:
Reply 399
hi milly how are you?! :smile: what are you hoping to study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending