Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Newnham College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
epitome
You might even suspect I'd said it before...:wink: :p:

Probably 10 times in the last 50 pages of this thread?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 981
amazon
Probably 10 times in the last 50 pages of this thread?

Probably.

BUT, it's still true. Fancy that!

Newnham's a pretty cool place. I like it a lot. It snowed today, and it got all white and even prettier than it usually is. I'm snuggled up in an armchair in my beautiful room and a very large woolly jumper, and am very content indeed. Thoroughly recommend it.
Reply 982
epitome
Probably.

BUT, it's still true. Fancy that!

Newnham's a pretty cool place. I like it a lot. It snowed today, and it got all white and even prettier than it usually is. I'm snuggled up in an armchair in my beautiful room and a very large woolly jumper, and am very content indeed. Thoroughly recommend it.

You talking about being there makes me want to be going this October instead of next year! Excitement!
Reply 983
Ehmo
You talking about being there makes me want to be going this October instead of next year! Excitement!

Excitement indeed! :biggrin:

Classics is an awesome degree (I reckon it's by far the best of the arts degrees, if done properly) - you've got lots to look forward to! If I were applying again with the same A Levels, I'd do Classics, without a doubt. But enjoy your year off - at the very least it'll get you out of the school mindset which is, for the most part, far more a hinderance than a help. You'll be a bit rusty on some things, but you'll also be refreshed and have a different perspective on stuff. And you have more time to get intimate with some really cool literature. Bonus. :smile:
Pandapple
congrats!! :biggrin: thats two down, TSR is so connected, hehe.

I think we can assume that (: what were your requirements?

My offer is AAAB, whats yours?
I was really terrified of the DoS at first!
I applied to history and got pooled!
Hey! Just got back to school today. The first thing i did was to check my pigeon hole n found this offer letter from Newnham. I got an AAAa offer for law so if i get the grades i will see u girls there this oct. xx
Reply 987
Rachelhotsocks
My offer is AAAB, whats yours?
I was really terrified of the DoS at first!

ooh! exactly the same! i'm guessing they just gave this as the standard offer this year? apparently Newnham gives out one of the highest offers in the university. my friend has AAAA plus 90%+ in each subject! :s-smilie:

did they specify the subjects too for you?

i think it was the nerves, but after a while, she was really friendly and talkative, compared to my other interviewer :smile:
Reply 988
xhallucinationx
Hey! Just got back to school today. The first thing i did was to check my pigeon hole n found this offer letter from Newnham. I got an AAAa offer for law so if i get the grades i will see u girls there this oct. xx

congratulations! what fantastic news to receive in school :yep:
ilikepiesandstuff
I applied to history and got pooled!

I mean Newnham put me in the pool...!

Is this normal... I thought Newnham was one of the colleges with less applicants so this didn't happen so much???

Ahh more waiting!!!
Reply 990
ilikepiesandstuff
I mean Newnham put me in the pool...!

Is this normal... I thought Newnham was one of the colleges with less applicants so this didn't happen so much???

Ahh more waiting!!!

why wouldn't it be normal? all colleges pool applicants they feel could still get in. I would just say be happy you haven't been rejected straight away, theres still a chance :smile:
Pandapple
why wouldn't it be normal? all colleges pool applicants they feel could still get in. I would just say be happy you haven't been rejected straight away, theres still a chance :smile:

Yeah I'm happy of course!

Just wondering if it was normal becuase I thought it was all the REALLLLLLLYYY oversubscribed colleges who did that. I know Newnham gets loads of applicants, but not as many?

I can't believe I only got the letter today when it was sent on the 2nd!

I'll Sack the postman!:p:
Reply 992
I believe all colleges are obliged to participate in the pool. Indeed, Newnham hosts it in its main hall. :smile:
epitome
I believe all colleges are obliged to participate in the pool. Indeed, Newnham hosts it in its main hall. :smile:

On the letter it says 29 have done so, ahh i just want to knowww!!!! :o:
Reply 994
Newnham pooled me too! I have an interview tomorrow at Robinson.

Kind of sad not to be going to Newnham, but Robinson looks good actually... "least posh of all the Cambridge colleges," lol :smile:
I only got my letter yday so I don't know if I've missed phone calls or whatever. No letters from other colleges yet either and my SAQ is inactive. Ummmmmnesss :frown:
Reply 996
ilikepiesandstuff
Yeah I'm happy of course!

Just wondering if it was normal becuase I thought it was all the REALLLLLLLYYY oversubscribed colleges who did that. I know Newnham gets loads of applicants, but not as many?

I can't believe I only got the letter today when it was sent on the 2nd!

I'll Sack the postman!:p:

well, you can never know where good applicants will apply. its not how many applicants you get, its whether they think they deserve another chance in the pool or not.

does anyone know if they know which college you are pooled from? because i've heard of people being picked up again by their original colleges, so weird!
Reply 997
totoro
Newnham pooled me too! I have an interview tomorrow at Robinson.

Kind of sad not to be going to Newnham, but Robinson looks good actually... "least posh of all the Cambridge colleges," lol :smile:

awww, sorry to hear that! very best of luck at Robinson! :yep:
Reply 998
I got a rejection from Bristol!!!
But an offer from Cambridge??!
Someone explain?!
Reply 999
Ehmo
I got a rejection from Bristol!!!
But an offer from Cambridge??!
Someone explain?!

what?? the admissions system is better in Cam, i'd say, especially the interviews
well, its Bristol's loss (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending