The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Newnham College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Frenchietennis
I live just south of Manchester :smile: What A levels are you taking and have you started prepping for STEP yet?

Biology, chemistry, maths and further maths how about you?
Kind of but I’m really struggling with it at the moment so I really need to start properly preparing for it
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 1581
Original post by g3ob
Biology, chemistry, maths and further maths how about you?
Kind of but I’m really struggling with it at the moment so I really need to start properly preparing for it

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, AASE

Same I've done a few STEP 1 papers but haven't really started properly looking at 2&3.
Reply 1582
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, AASE

Same I've done a few STEP 1 papers but haven't really started properly looking at 2&3.

Sorry what is AASE? Yeah me too I’ve only been looking at step I. Has your offer come through on track yet?
Reply 1583
Original post by g3ob
Sorry what is AASE? Yeah me too I’ve only been looking at step I. Has your offer come through on track yet?

Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence- I play tennis and it's all coursework but as a bonus the government pay for 15 hours of my training a week!

I've not actually looked! I haven't had my offer conditions through yet- have you?
Reply 1584
Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence- I play tennis and it's all coursework but as a bonus the government pay for 15 hours of my training a week!

I've not actually looked! I haven't had my offer conditions through yet- have you?

Oh thats cool, yeah my track has updated, just waiting for my letter to arrive now I guess
Original post by gabbyh19
nope that wasn't me! i was super antisocial and didn't speak to anyone that day because i was so nervous :laugh::facepalm:

Aha okay! All I knew about her was that she had brown hair and was interviewing for HSPS on 6th December so it was a pretty long shot :laugh:

and does anyone want to start a newnham group chat on Facebook messenger or something??

Yeah, I'd love to be in a group chat!

Original post by Ruthie2267
(I was the interview helper who had to grab her 🙈... I hope she wasn’t too adversely affected!)

I felt bad for her!
Reply 1586
Original post by g3ob
Oh thats cool, yeah my track has updated, just waiting for my letter to arrive now I guess

Just checked my track and it hasn't updated 😐

Let me know when you get your offer through!
Original post by Lelanor
I felt bad for her!

So did I - it was because the helper who was meant to take her to her interview got held up somewhere - but I think she got to go to the loo just before her interview started so it was ok 😂
Tagging anyone who might be interested:
Laura17W
x

aesthete1
x

g3ob
x

Frenchietennis
x

Original post by rhianyoung
x

(Edited)
There's a Newnham Facebook group chat if anyone is interested! You can PM me your Facebook name, and preferably a link if there are other people with the same name, and I'll add you. Or if you're in the Cambridge group on Facebook you can find a post about it there (there are also subject group chats).

[Edited because the group chat I made has joined with another one]
(edited 6 years ago)
got rejected for maths :frown:
oh well, hope you guys who got in have a fab time!!
I live just south of Manchester :smile: What A levels are you taking and have you started prepping for STEP yet?

omg I'm from north manchester! what subject have u got an offer for again?

Original post by Lelanor
Tagging anyone who might be interested:

Could you link to the Facebook group you're talking about please? :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1591
omg I'm from north manchester! what subject have u got an offer for again?

Maths! What's your offer for and what school do you go to?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/officialcambridgefreshers2018/

I did have it in the post but removed it for some reason? Whoops!
Maths! What's your offer for and what school do you go to?

HSPS! And it's a school south of Manchester but I won't reveal too much (stranger danger and all that) :lol: are you planning on going to the offer holders day?
Reply 1595
HSPS! And it's a school south of Manchester but I won't reveal too much (stranger danger and all that) :lol: are you planning on going to the offer holders day?

Haha no worries, was only asking because I know someone who got in from Manchester High school for girls and she said like 20 people got into oxbridge from their school!

Yeah I'm going to the offer holders day :smile:
Haha no worries, was only asking because I know someone who got in from Manchester High school for girls and she said like 20 people got into oxbridge from their school!

Yeah I'm going to the offer holders day :smile:

omg who do you know from man high!
Reply 1597
omg who do you know from man high!

Sejal who got in for medicine
Sejal who got in for medicine

oh no I'm pretty sure she goes to withington! i have heard of tho! they got like 20 in at withy and man high got around 6
Does anyone know how much autonomy students get in their rooms at Newnham?
Do rooms regularly get checked, for instance?
What would be the chances of getting away with owning a small pet in my room?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending