The Student Room Group

Favourite uni is lowest grade offer

So I have received all of my offers and I now don't know what to do. My offers are:

Uni 1: ABB
Uni 2: BBB
Uni 3: BBB
Uni 4: BBC
Uni 5: BBC

Out of a process of elimination I have decided that I only want to seriously consider Uni 2 and Uni 5. At first, I was going to put Uni 2 as my firm choice and Uni 5 as my insurance, but I went to an applicant day for Uni 5 and I loved it. The campus was nice and everyone was friendly. I have spoken to friends and family about it, and they have been telling me that if I really want to go to Uni 5, then I should just put it as my firm choice and not have an insurance as it is my lowest grade offer, but something seems to be holding me back from doing this.

Just wondering what other people's opinions are?
You seem to really want to go to 5. Just select it. Gonna infer that if you got an ABB offer, you must be more than capable of getting a BBC, so there's no risk.
Original post by libb_x3
So I have received all of my offers and I now don't know what to do. My offers are:

Uni 1: ABB
Uni 2: BBB
Uni 3: BBB
Uni 4: BBC
Uni 5: BBC

Out of a process of elimination I have decided that I only want to seriously consider Uni 2 and Uni 5. At first, I was going to put Uni 2 as my firm choice and Uni 5 as my insurance, but I went to an applicant day for Uni 5 and I loved it. The campus was nice and everyone was friendly. I have spoken to friends and family about it, and they have been telling me that if I really want to go to Uni 5, then I should just put it as my firm choice and not have an insurance as it is my lowest grade offer, but something seems to be holding me back from doing this.

Just wondering what other people's opinions are?

You can still put Uni 2 as your insurance even though it has slightly higher requirements.

Imagine this scenario... You firm Uni 5 (BBC) and insure Uni 2 (BBB). On results day you get, say, BCC, ACC or even AAD. Unfortunately Uni 5 has filled up all its spaces with applicants who fulfilled their offers and sadly rejects you. Uni 2, on the other hand, still has spaces left and rather than offer them in clearing decide to look at those who narrowly missed out - and they give you a place.

Of course, this is only relevant if you would be happy attending Uni 2.
Reply 3
Original post by somemightsay888
You seem to really want to go to 5. Just select it. Gonna infer that if you got an ABB offer, you must be more than capable of getting a BBC, so there's no risk.

Alright, that's fair enough. Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
You can still put Uni 2 as your insurance even though it has slightly higher requirements.

Imagine this scenario... You firm Uni 5 (BBC) and insure Uni 2 (BBB). On results day you get, say, BCC, ACC or even AAD. Unfortunately Uni 5 has filled up all its spaces with applicants who fulfilled their offers and sadly rejects you. Uni 2, on the other hand, still has spaces left and rather than offer them in clearing decide to look at those who narrowly missed out - and they give you a place.

Of course, this is only relevant if you would be happy attending Uni 2.

Hmm, I didn't even think of that! I would be happy going to Uni 2, I just think that I want to go to Uni 5 that little bit more for several reasons. That's really helpful, thank you.
Original post by libb_x3
Hmm, I didn't even think of that! I would be happy going to Uni 2, I just think that I want to go to Uni 5 that little bit more for several reasons. That's really helpful, thank you.

You're welcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending