The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Student Satisfaction Rates For Maths and Physics

Hi so i really want to firm edinburgh because i love the city so much but i'm worried about the fact that their student satisfaction is so low... I've applied for maths and physics and people i know say they have had crap lecturers and tutors that didn't care about them so i'm really unsure about what to do. Can anyone offer any advice or help?
Original post by bmorollon
Hi so i really want to firm edinburgh because i love the city so much but i'm worried about the fact that their student satisfaction is so low... I've applied for maths and physics and people i know say they have had crap lecturers and tutors that didn't care about them so i'm really unsure about what to do. Can anyone offer any advice or help?

HEY! I replied on the firmers thread, but we can discuss it here
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by UPSDGoat
HEY! I replied on the firmers thread, but we can discuss it here

Yes:smile: and again thank you:smile: i really love the city and the student satisfaction was the only downside to the uni... But if it really isn't relevant that makes my decision quite simple:smile: thank you!
Original post by bmorollon
Yes:smile: and again thank you:smile: i really love the city and the student satisfaction was the only downside to the uni... But if it really isn't relevant that makes my decision quite simple:smile: thank you!

Yeah, there will be bad lecturers and tutors, but for every bad one there's at least 2 amazing ones, and that's true for every uni and course. Edinburgh Uni has had problems with student satisfaction in the past, but they have been working really hard in the past few years and I think the maths school has improved amazingly.
For example, the head of school recently asked the students to come up with 3 key improvements that could be made to the school, and he's promised he'll carry those through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending