The Student Room Group

Was this a bad move?

There's a girl from work whose been a friend for a while. I like her and I arranged a meeting with her after work one evening, in the cafe at the place we work. It was implied it we're only meeting up "to catch up" cos we work in different departments and rarely see each other anymore.

The thing with our job is that you can come in casual clothes (which most people do) or in nice office-type clothes, even a dress. She normally has quite a casual appearance; never wears a dress, very minimal make up.

Then I meet her in the cafe at the front of where we work about 7pm, and I noticed she's wearing a dress and lipstick and looks amazing. I knew it was because she was trying to impress me... So I thought id make it obvious I knew, and said

"Nice lipstick! Are you going out somewhere after this?"

And she looked incredibly embarrassed and said 'umm no' or wtte.
Original post by SuperiorityCmplx
There's a girl from work whose been a friend for a while. I like her and I arranged a meeting with her after work one evening, in the cafe at the place we work. It was implied it we're only meeting up "to catch up" cos we work in different departments and rarely see each other anymore.

The thing with our job is that you can come in casual clothes (which most people do) or in nice office-type clothes, even a dress. She normally has quite a casual appearance; never wears a dress, very minimal make up.

Then I meet her in the cafe at the front of where we work about 7pm, and I noticed she's wearing a dress and lipstick and looks amazing. I knew it was because she was trying to impress me... So I thought id make it obvious I knew, and said

"Nice lipstick! Are you going out somewhere after this?"

And she looked incredibly embarrassed and said 'umm no' or wtte.

This was the mistake. But I'm sure the awkwardness didn't last for long
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending