The Student Room Group

Talking/texting..

How often do you speak to your girlfriend/boyfriend when you're not with them? Texting and so on. Or to a person you really like, you're just not together yet.
If you don't have a lot to talk about over text, does it necessarily mean you don't have anything to talk about in person?
Reply 1
I live with my partner so I pretty much see him 24/7 but if he's at college or I'm out etc, we text constantly. We never run out of things to say to each both through text and face to face and that's after 6 years. We talk/text as much as we did when we first starts going out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Speak to him every two days, depends really. Saw him yesterday, had a TV show marathon, fun times.:ahee: He's a really busy man/boy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Never had a boyfriend or girlfriend, so don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Vondas
Never had a boyfriend or girlfriend, so don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then I guess that means there's almost next to no point in you posting on this thread whatsoever.

Oh you did it to get some "you'll find you'll soul mate eventually posts" "I'm sure you're a great guy" posts.

I hate this fishing for complements/pity me attitude which is seen all around this site.

In regards to me, I tend to try and keep in contact as much a necessary. The more I can see the person in "person" the better. I don't really like the idea of relationships being too "text driven".
We text all day every day and usually call at night. We see each other about 3/4 times a week.
Nah not at all. Some people just don't like texting/talking on the phone. I have moments where I don't wanna do either, but since we don't see each other much I make the effort.

We text everyday/ every other day to check in, then talk on the phone every few days (depends how busy we are). We've never not had anything to say to each other to be honest, our conversations just flow whether it's on the phone or in person.
Original post by phunky_fresh
Nah not at all. Some people just don't like texting/talking on the phone. I have moments where I don't wanna do either, but since we don't see each other much I make the effort.

We text everyday/ every other day to check in, then talk on the phone every few days (depends how busy we are). We've never not had anything to say to each other to be honest, our conversations just flow whether it's on the phone or in person.

I hate talking on the phone but she likes it soo what's a man to do.
Original post by C_tinie_D
I hate talking on the phone but she likes it soo what's a man to do.

Lol I hear that. I used to be the same, phone calls seem like a chore sometimes but I do it cos he likes them :smile:
Original post by Jess_TheCab
How often do you speak to your girlfriend/boyfriend when you're not with them? Texting and so on. Or to a person you really like, you're just not together yet.
If you don't have a lot to talk about over text, does it necessarily mean you don't have anything to talk about in person?

We're long distance just now so try to call every day and text whilst at work etc. Maybe see him once a month. We always have plenty to talk about, as half the time we're talking nonsense.
we text all day, neither of us like phone calls :rave:
Original post by Tom102
Then I guess that means there's almost next to no point in you posting on this thread whatsoever.

Oh you did it to get some "you'll find you'll soul mate eventually posts" "I'm sure you're a great guy" posts.

I hate this fishing for complements/pity me attitude which is seen all around this site.

In regards to me, I tend to try and keep in contact as much a necessary. The more I can see the person in "person" the better. I don't really like the idea of relationships being too "text driven".

Shots Fired :boxing:
Reply 12
Original post by Tom102

you'll find your soul mate eventually, I'm sure you're a great guy

Aww thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Spock's Socks
I live with my partner so I pretty much see him 24/7 but if he's at college or I'm out etc, we text constantly. We never run out of things to say to each both through text and face to face and that's after 6 years. We talk/text as much as we did when we first starts going out

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's pretty special..
Reply 14
So do you think if you haven't got much to talk about on text, it is the same in person?
I used to text this guy I have strong feelings almost every single day and we would talk on the phone at times. My ex's and I would talk on the phone at least once a day and text

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending