The Student Room Group

Girl doesn’t reply to texts but seeks me irl

Met a girl through a mutual friend in college then later matched on a dating app. She asked me out on a date after finals, and we decided to meet in college when we both have free time.

There are many green flags:
1. She seeks me out irl and asks me if I’m in the campus and free
2. Her body’s turned towards me when we speak
3. Laughs a lot and is very talkative and engaging
4. Stares a lot when I’m walking by.

Only problem is, she’s a horrendous texter. She did clarify multiple times that she’s very busy (grad, finals, a job) and that she doesn’t want me to think I’m being ignored. But last time, I replied to a current convo and she didn’t reply back, and then I double-texted and sent a related tiktok and she didn’t reply either. What’s weird is, she saw my friends the next day and then proceeded to search for me because she knew I’m gonna be with them. We then had a small conversation, and she asked about things I told her I’ll be doing/going to. I had to leave because I had class, but then I bumped into her later in the same day and she was staring for a couple of seconds but I just waved instead of going to talk with her.

Thing is, I wanted to ask her if she’ll be in the campus tomorrow (since two last times we met were initiated by her) BUT I don’t feel like I should text again.

I do think that she’s interested, though. Being nice IRL is a given but I don’t think she’d seek me out and leave her friends to come talk to me if she wasn’t interested. Her behavior is so confusing, though.
Reply 1
What is the issue; surely that's the best way round?

Too many people on here who just message but can't sustain a real-life conversation.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
What is the issue; surely that's the best way round?

Too many people on here who just message but can't sustain a real-life conversation.

Issue is that I want to text and ask if she’ll be in the campus tomorrow so we can meet, but don’t feel like I can do that considering that she didn’t reply to my previous texts.
Don't try to have conversations with her over text. Just use texting as a tool to arrange plans to meet.
Reply 4
Original post by 1582
Don't try to have conversations with her over text. Just use texting as a tool to arrange plans to meet.

I do wanna do that (text her asking if we can meet tomorrow on campus) but I’m not sure if I should text AGAIN considering that she hasn’t replied to my previous texts. Don’t wanna come off as pressuring.
Original post by Anonymous
I do wanna do that (text her asking if we can meet tomorrow on campus) but I’m not sure if I should text AGAIN considering that she hasn’t replied to my previous texts. Don’t wanna come off as pressuring.

Go for it. Just pretend those messages above aren't there.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Issue is that I want to text and ask if she’ll be in the campus tomorrow so we can meet, but don’t feel like I can do that considering that she didn’t reply to my previous texts.

If you can text you can phone, or arrange things when you see her. People managed relationships before mobile phones!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending