The Student Room Group

Weirdest film you've ever seen?

Having just watched Dead Snow 2 I'm wondering what is the weirdest film you've ever seen?

Dead Snow 2 is the...erm...interesting sequel to Dead Snow...yes the film about Nazi zombies has a sequel...in Dead Snow 2 the Nazi zombies end up fighting Russian zombies which were re-awoken by the guy from the first film who accidentally has a zombie arm attached to him in a hospital...at then end this guy re-awakens his gf who got killed by zombies in Dead Snow and they have weird zombie/alive person sex in a car... Plus there's some random American geeks who are the "Zombie Squad" who come to try and save the day, a Norwegian who is hiding the fact he's gay and gets killed just as he's aiming to come out...and a zombie who is killed and bought back to life like 6 times...

Yeah...weird film! Can you beat the weirdness?

Scroll to see replies

I haven't actually seen it as the trailer freaked me out too much, but Tusk looks so weird :redface:
Reply 2
A South Korean film called Moebius, which a few friends and I watched because we thought it would be cool to see if a film could be pulled off without dialogue. It turned out to be one of those films that leaves you vaguely nauseous, wishing you could take out your brain and give it a good wash. (I really didn't want to keep watching it after a while but was outvoted!)

For the interested, but you've been warned:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/penis-mutilation-rock-masturbation-and-other-wacky-ingredients-turn-kim-ki-duks-wordless-moebius-into-a-memorable-provocation
Reply 3
Definitely a film called Bug, I didn't even have to think about this one. I'd recommend this film for anyone who has a taste for things odd and disconcerting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PangXie
A South Korean film called Moebius, which a few friends and I watched because we thought it would be cool to see if a film could be pulled off without dialogue. It turned out to be one of those films that leaves you vaguely nauseous, wishing you could take out your brain and give it a good wash. (I really didn't want to keep watching it after a while but was outvoted!)

http://www.indiewire.com/article/penis-mutilation-rock-masturbation-and-other-wacky-ingredients-turn-kim-ki-duks-wordless-moebius-into-a-memorable-provocation

I'd started to watch that film a little while ago and I couldn't get too far into it. It was way too much for me to handle. Never saw how it ended!
Reply 5
Original post by earwithfeet
I'd started to watch that film a little while ago and I couldn't get too far into it. It was way too much for me to handle. Never saw how it ended!

Don't, it only gets worse! :tongue:

Seriously, apart from being an incredibly creepy film, the plot is just ridiculous. I think that bothered me more than the lopping off of...items. WHERE IS THE LOGIC DAMMIT.
Reply 6
A Serbian Film.
deep end

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
A Serbian Film.

To this day, I'm still horrified by the baby scene...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PangXie
Don't, it only gets worse! :tongue:

Seriously, apart from being an incredibly creepy film, the plot is just ridiculous. I think that bothered me more than the lopping off of...items. WHERE IS THE LOGIC DAMMIT.

Haha I don't intend to! I just didn't get the woman, what was she thinking!? "Oh I can't castrate my husband so I'll castrate my son instead..." I mean what even is that lol? :laugh:
A film called Gummo is by far the weirdest imo.

I've seen ASF, Salo, etc etc and they're disturbing, but not as weird as Gummo for sure.

Idk what it is, basically the film is about how depressing and lonely and... Useless the lives of these kids are in an American town, and it's just weird to watch. Just weird all round.
Eraserhead.

The film lived up to expectations. It literally erased my head.
Reply 12
I thought Sucker Punch was awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PangXie

I'd consider myself pretty... Hardened... To films but what the actual **** is that :redface:
Blade Runner was pretty weird. I can see why it's a cult classic.
I'm not sure about weird but Unknown is a movie that left me quite disorientated for some time. Messed with me big time!
[video="youtube;6mqWJL_JplY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mqWJL_JplY[/video]
Reply 17
Original post by NishaaaR
To this day, I'm still horrified by the baby scene...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't.
I would say 'the name of the rose', a very wierd film set in 15th century spain in the mountains following the story of a travelling monk and his apprientice, they end up in a moanstry cos the travelling monk(shaun connary) is actually a murder solver, a very wierd film about religion, the imperial inquiasition, conspiracy and murder, however it is also one of my faviourite films and so i throughly recommend watching this
Reply 19
Dogtooth.

Oscar Nomenee and Cannes Festival Prize Winner. Part of the so-called 'Greek Weird Wave' film genre/movement

Seriously Messed up. Seriously amazing. Look it up.

Quick Reply

Latest