The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

talybont north or Liberty house?

Hiya, I have chosen Cardiff as my firm choice to study adult nursig and I am unsure which accomodation to choose, I love my sport and enjoy meeting new people. I have heard talybont is louder and has a better student atmosphere but all my lectures are at heath and i wouldnt want to distance ,myself from most of the other healthcare students. I was wondering if anyone has been in this position and what accomodation is better?
Thanks x
hey,
When did you find out about your offer for the adult nursing course? i had my interview on the 26th of Feb and i am still waiting to hear from them!
Cardiff would be my first choice as well, if i was to get an offer!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by smartiec
Hiya, I have chosen Cardiff as my firm choice to study adult nursig and I am unsure which accomodation to choose, I love my sport and enjoy meeting new people. I have heard talybont is louder and has a better student atmosphere but all my lectures are at heath and i wouldnt want to distance ,myself from most of the other healthcare students. I was wondering if anyone has been in this position and what accomodation is better?
Thanks x

I have got an offer for adult nursing at cardiff aswell, I'm in the same position as you! I am thinkin of going for liberty house as it is with other health care students and so close to the campus which will be handy x
Reply 3
Hello.

Firstly, congrats on receiving an offer. For your first year I would recommend Talybont over Liberty House. Talybont is closer to the city centre, so you'll have more of an opportunity to explore the city. There are also a variety of students in Talybont, which won't be the case in Liberty House: most people at Liberty House will be studying healthcare degrees so you won't get much of a mix.

True, Taly North is further away from the Heath, but it's only a twenty minute walk. I think as a first year you'd want to spend more time meeting new people - Talybont is definitely more social than Liberty House. I think you will be more involved in the social side of things if you live in Talybont, especially as you are closer to the Student's Union.

I live in Liberty House at the moment, and lived in Talybont South in first year so I have had experience of both. Liberty House definitely has nicer rooms, but as a fresher I would go for Talybont every time.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. :smile:
Reply 4
Hiya, Thankyou! I think I am going to put Talybont North as my first choice. I was wondering if University Hall is a bad second choice as I looked at it and it still seems quite sociable but it hasnt got good reviews.
Can't wait to go to Cardiff!
Reply 5
Original post by Eleanorjane18
hey,
When did you find out about your offer for the adult nursing course? i had my interview on the 26th of Feb and i am still waiting to hear from them!
Cardiff would be my first choice as well, if i was to get an offer!

Hey Eleanorjane18. Sorry I am hardly on this, Have you got your offer yet? x
Original post by smartiec
Hey Eleanorjane18. Sorry I am hardly on this, Have you got your offer yet? x

Hi here is the link to find people who live in the same halls as you when you receive your accommodation allocations from Cardiff University. Once you get allocated by Cardiff Uni find your group and halls and meet your new flatmates :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009541952988

Any questions on Accommodation please don't hesitate to ask or PM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending