The Student Room Group

Feelings are growing but how can I tell him?

Hello everyone...I just need a bit of help/ advice.

I will just give you a little background.
I am female (and single). I know this guy (who is also single) and we have been classmates for about 2 years and this was 2 years ago so technically I have known him for 4 and a bit years. We have gotten quite close recently but only via email and MSN but we talk very regularly and for hours at a time. Sometimes our conversations have gone on until about 3am.

At first we were friendly but after a couple of months of talking we have begun to flirt with each other quite a lot :redface: I didn't think much of it at the time as I thought it was a friendly thing to do. As time went on, the flirting continued and he actually told me that he liked me :redface: (well we kind of confessed to liking each other)

Anyway my question/ dilemma is that I now really really really like him! I can't get him off my mind sometimes and I don't know what to do about it. He knows that I like him but I don't think that he knows how much and I don't know if I should tell him as I am worried that telling him would scare him off.

So generally I am a little confused and unsure

Please help :confused:

Thank you in advance and I apologise if this has been done several times before...

Scroll to see replies

lol normally its not as developed as this as in normally the threads tell us that they like a girl/boy but that they don't know if the boy/girl likes them. you know!
the boy is a bit lame in not asking you out IMO especailyl if he says he likes you, are you his first gf, maybe he's a bit shy in asking, i don't think there's any harm in asking if he wants to go somewhere with you, then you can go there and maybe he'll ask :p:
Reply 2
andy_cole2
lol normally its not as developed as this as in normally the threads tell us that they like a girl/boy but that they don't know if the boy/girl likes them. you know!
the boy is a bit lame in not asking you out IMO especailyl if he says he likes you, are you his first gf, maybe he's a bit shy in asking, i don't think there's any harm in asking if he wants to go somewhere with you, then you can go there and maybe he'll ask :p:

Hey! Thanks for your response. We are both 20 now.... I have my suspicions about him being shy because when we were at school I got the impression that he didn't like me since he would ignore me ! :biggrin: I hadn't thought of that before...I am his first 'girl friend' as in a girl who is a friend but would not be his first 'girlfriend' as in romantic partner.

I have tried asking him to go somewhere but a coffee shop didn't really appeal to him at the time and this was before he had told me that he liked me. Any suggestions for a good private place to meet to 'talk' that is neither of our houses?
Reply 3
ah bless, sounds like you've already prepared yourselves for the next step. Asking eachother out.

Why don't you suggest to meet up with him and go to the cinema or something? Via email or msn obviously, as you both find that so comfortable.

mmm maybe you can both go for pizza after, yum!

me hungry :redface:
Reply 4
Anonymous
Any suggestions for a good private place to meet to 'talk' that is neither of our houses?

a park, a shopping centre, a shop, a large tree, a large clock, oh private um the library :rolleyes:
YOu got nothing to lose by asking :smile:
Reply 6
Carl1982
YOu got nothing to lose by asking :smile:

True.. although I am quite attached to my relative sanity :rolleyes:
Reply 7
The Guru
ah bless, sounds like you've already prepared yourselves for the next step. Asking eachother out.
Why don't you suggest to meet up with him and go to the cinema or something? Via email or msn obviously, as you both find that so comfortable.

mmm maybe you can both go for pizza after, yum!

me hungry :redface:

Hmm, I wish it were so Guru! Whenever I build up enough courage to do something about it...something always comes up :s-smilie:. Just now I wanted to suggest a meeting when he came online but he was just on his way out!
Reply 8
Online relationships can be deceiving.
Reply 9
poltroon

This is true.
Reply 10
Anonymous
Hmm, I wish it were so Guru! Whenever I build up enough courage to do something about it...something always comes up :s-smilie:. Just now I wanted to suggest a meeting when he came online but he was just on his way out!

Well leave him an email message then?

"That's an order private!" :eek:
Reply 11
poltroon

That's just it! I mean it's not someone I met online...I knew this guy in school but I want to take it from being online to real life. And it's not a relationship (yet)... merely a mutual fondness...

But seriously...would you care to elaborate? I'm relatively new to the dating game/ men etc....:redface:
Reply 12
The Guru
Well leave him an email message then?

"That's an order private!" :eek:

Now there's an idea...What if he reads it when he's at university and a whole bunch of his friends are around? I don't want to make it awkward for him. But then again I'm probaby giving the method of communication too much thought. In fact I think I'm giving everything too much thought.:redface: How would any of you guys react to being asked to meet up with a girl via email?

I think I'll just do that Guru...thanks :biggrin: *aherm*
Reply 13
Anonymous
How would any of you guys react to being asked to meet up with a girl via email?

I think I'll just do that Guru...thanks :biggrin: *aherm*

I'd think nothing bad of it, I mean if I knew that it was the only way for her to get a message to me then fine. If you're worried about his mates being around him while he's checking his emails, put your name on the heading and add in big capitals next to it the word "PRIVATE" or something similar.

"Now drop and give me 20 soldier!" :eek:
Reply 14
You need to meet as a matter of urgency. The difference between inter praesentes dealings and mere text exchanges is of incalculable importance. Good luck!
Reply 15
The Guru
I'd think nothing bad of it, I mean if I knew that it was the only way for her to get a message to me then fine. If you're worried about his mates being around him while he's checking his emails, put your name on the heading and add in big capitals next to it the word "PRIVATE" or something similar."Now drop and give me 20 soldier!" :eek:

Yeh thats a good idea...:biggrin:
Reply 16
poltroon
You need to meet as a matter of urgency. The difference between inter praesentes dealings and mere text exchanges is of incalculable importance. Good luck!

Yeh I know. Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 17
I don't like the idea of emails as they can be forwarded on to people. I once put a note in a guys locker so he had to guess who it was, lol.
Reply 18
Anonymous
Yeh thats a good idea...:biggrin:

Have you done it yet? I mean there's not many hours left in the day you know. lol Quite literally! :biggrin:
Reply 19
The Guru
Have you done it yet? I mean there's not many hours left in the day you know. lol Quite literally! :biggrin:

3 minutes to be precise :biggrin: Erm, I have got butterflies in my stomach as we speak so I think I'll do it in the morning. Well, I'll do it in a bit but I'm a bit nervous and I can't think of how to phrase it. Don't forget he has already turned down meeting in a coffee shop since he wasnt really into that whole culture. This was before all the confessions came out.

I am composing it as we speak oh mentor :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending