The Student Room Group

Romantic firsts for my but not my partner

This is my first relationship, as you can imagine I’m experiencing a lot of my firsts with my bf for example I have a valentine this year. This is my bfs first serious relationship after his last one which lasted a few years.I never got to experience high school love or anything like that, not at uni either however my bf has done it all in his last relationship. I am a romantic and would love to experience the things I’ve dreamt about for example getting flowers but he often forgets this is my first time in a relationship and I’d love to experience my romantic firsts. I have brought it up to him before. Today I realised he forget it Valentine’s Day on Wednesday and he never planned anything, I feel disappointed but not surprised. What should I do?
Reply 1
Some people don’t set as much store by these special dates and thus it can be difficult to show the enthusiasm expected. He may have been like this in his first relationship too. Other than telling him how much it means to you and by some role-modelling the way you like to recognise your affection for each other, I don’t think there’s much more you can do. Unless you dump him and look for a more romantic partner
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Some people don’t set as much store by these special dates and thus it can be difficult to show the enthusiasm expected. He may have been like this in his first relationship too. Other than telling him how much it means to you and by some role-modelling the way you like to recognise your affection for each other, I don’t think there’s much more you can do. Unless you dump him and look for a more romantic partner

Thank you for the reply, I know he did a lot of cute things for his ex in his previous relationship. He put it down to growing out of it but I’m not sure
Reply 3
Keep it in proportion. You didn't get into a relationship with this guy for him to fulfil your list of 'romantic firsts'; there's other qualities that made him attractive to you. If everything else between you is fine don't get hung up on your wish list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending