The Student Room Group

how can i stop comparing myself to others

I'm the type that needs to revise consistently throughout the year to get good grades. There's another type of student who can cram everything in the last minute and still come out with As. And lastly, there are those who don't revise at all...........

This one guy in my year group never revises, and i mean it! He always get's the highest in mocks etc. How is that possible? When i think about it, no matter how hard i work I may never be on his level. That's when i start comparing myself to people like him and get depressed. I just want to focus on my own studies but it's not easy when people of that caliber are around you.

Do you guys have any advice? Because it's seriously getting out of hand
Reply 1
Original post by nbio21
I'm the type that needs to revise consistently throughout the year to get good grades. There's another type of student who can cram everything in the last minute and still come out with As. And lastly, there are those who don't revise at all...........

This one guy in my year group never revises, and i mean it! He always get's the highest in mocks etc. How is that possible? When i think about it, no matter how hard i work I may never be on his level. That's when i start comparing myself to people like him and get depressed. I just want to focus on my own studies but it's not easy when people of that caliber are around you.

Do you guys have any advice? Because it's seriously getting out of hand

Lool trust me most people have to study a lot to do well, what subjects are you taking?
Reply 2
Original post by Azula
Lool trust me most people have to study a lot to do well, what subjects are you taking?

bio chem and english literature . when i get down to study, i can't stop thinking how much better people are than me:s-smilie:. bad habit

Quick Reply

Latest