The Student Room Group

This girl is soo beautiful, I feel really small and silly agaisnt her :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I really like what you're saying and I thank you for that :smile: maybe she does have flaws (she's human so she probs does) but she went to an independent school and she's got everything in her life, her parents are like rich, she live in a really big house! :confused:
I dunno, I'm really confused as to why I'm so ott about her :/

Maybe that's her problem in life, she has so much but she didn't work for it and it doesn't feel like it's hers? Or maybe cause people look at her like she's some amazing person when she just wants to blend in and be normal?

Honestly kid, you're describing her the way I describe a girl I have a crush on....

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh I was thinking that like I just want to be like you guys and be positive about myself and get on with life, but I have a confidence issue because I'm fat and ugly. But I think after the exams I'm gonna try and get a bit 'healthier' and all.

Like thanks so much for what ur saying though, if only I could put it to practise :smile:
And no it's fine, no it's not a sexuality issue at all :s-smilie:
Yeah like Lil08 said it does sound like you could really use a boost in confidence so take more time trying to do things for yourself and your future so 'self development'. If you feel you're overweight like you say that's something to consider, but again don't be obsessive about it and cut yourself some slack, you're only human.

Of course all this is easier said that done but you have to start somewhere. You might struggle to begin with but if you stick at it your confidence will grow and you won't focus on other people so much more how you can better yourself :smile:. Best of luck.
Original post by Andy98
Maybe that's her problem in life, she has so much but she didn't work for it and it doesn't feel like it's hers? Or maybe cause people look at her like she's some amazing person when she just wants to blend in and be normal?

Honestly kid, you're describing her the way I describe a girl I have a crush on....

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm, maybe! because she does sometimes stare at me and my friends when we walk past 'her and her friends'. so maybe she does wanna blend in, i'm not sure :/

but, she's so different i mean she's so simple, doesnt wear makeup and yet soo beautiful! hm... I wonder what she thinks about herself and her beauty

haha aww why do you really like this 'crush' of urs?? personality or beauty?? :smile:
Original post by Ebony19
Yeah like Lil08 said it does sound like you could really use a boost in confidence so take more time trying to do things for yourself and your future so 'self development'. If you feel you're overweight like you say that's something to consider, but again don't be obsessive about it and cut yourself some slack, you're only human.

Of course all this is easier said that done but you have to start somewhere. You might struggle to begin with but if you stick at it your confidence will grow and you won't focus on other people so much more how you can better yourself :smile:. Best of luck.

yeah i am mean i really need to get some CONFIDENCE hah (sad i can't buy it or anything). but Thanks very much, whatever you say is really nice :smile: :biggrin: x

yh i don't wanna become obsessed with losing weight. However, i do get bullied ALOT by my family (especially younger brother) about my weight! Like my friends support me an dont mind me being fat,,, but my brother constantly mention it while i'm eating- and most of the time (last 2 weeks) i've just ended up crying and having loads of arguments. My mum is lovely but she says my brother is constantly saying ur fat so u lose some weight :frown: :'( I dunno if that's affecting my confidence more :/ x
yeah i am mean i really need to get some CONFIDENCE hah (sad i can't buy it or anything). but Thanks very much, whatever you say is really nice :smile: :biggrin: x

yh i don't wanna become obsessed with losing weight. However, i do get bullied ALOT by my family (especially younger brother) about my weight! Like my friends support me an dont mind me being fat,,, but my brother constantly mention it while i'm eating- and most of the time (last 2 weeks) i've just ended up crying and having loads of arguments. My mum is lovely but she says my brother is constantly saying ur fat so u lose some weight :frown: :'( I dunno if that's affecting my confidence more :/ x
Have serious words with your mum about it say you have to stop (younger brother) saying stuff about my weight, it's really upsetting to have him go on about it all the time. Every time he does it just go and snitch until your mum hopefully puts a stop to it. Say you want to try and lose weight but it's just making you even demotivated having him hounding you about it. All else fails give him a clip round the ear and tell him to clear up his spots or put a bit of weight on his skinny ass :teehee: (joking... Or am I!?)
The fact that seeing this girls photos makes you cry, is actually quite a concern.

We all see people who look beautiful and sometimes it's easy to resent them for that, but to be so upset that you cry is worrying.
I think you need to look at the bigger picture and dig a little deeper.

Just because she is 'beautiful' doesn't make you any less attractive, no matter how much money she has doesn't change your finances and her family could seem wonderful, but it doesn't change yours.

If you go through life comparing yourself to other people, you'll never appreciate what you've got here and now. There will always be people with more than you and plenty with less as well.
Original post by Ebony19
Have serious words with your mum about it say you have to stop (younger brother) saying stuff about my weight, it's really upsetting to have him go on about it all the time. Every time he does it just go and snitch until your mum hopefully puts a stop to it. Say you want to try and lose weight but it's just making you even demotivated having him hounding you about it. All else fails give him a clip round the ear and tell him to clear up his spots or put a bit of weight on his skinny ass :teehee: (joking... Or am I!?)

trust me i feel like slapping him one sometimes, but my fmaily are around the dinner table when he does that. I mean, my dad just tell him to stop but he doesnt care and my mum just thinks it funny :frown: i mean i just find THAT TOTALLY DIGUSTING AS HELL! i would never ever think about doing that to anyone. He is my younger brother an i still support him (in his gcse) because im his sister :angry: :angry: if only anyone in my family was like you poeple who are nice!! x
trust me i feel like slapping him one sometimes, but my fmaily are around the dinner table when he does that. I mean, my dad just tell him to stop but he doesnt care and my mum just thinks it funny :frown: i mean i just find THAT TOTALLY DIGUSTING AS HELL! i would never ever think about doing that to anyone. He is my younger brother an i still support him (in his gcse) because im his sister :angry: :angry: if only anyone in my family was like you poeple who are nice!! x
Refuse to have dinner with them unless they promise not to bully you!
Original post by Vikki1805
The fact that seeing this girls photos makes you cry, is actually quite a concern.

We all see people who look beautiful and sometimes it's easy to resent them for that, but to be so upset that you cry is worrying.
I think you need to look at the bigger picture and dig a little deeper.

Just because she is 'beautiful' doesn't make you any less attractive, no matter how much money she has doesn't change your finances and her family could seem wonderful, but it doesn't change yours.

If you go through life comparing yourself to other people, you'll never appreciate what you've got here and now. There will always be people with more than you and plenty with less as well.

I wish i could but it's just hard

yes i totally get ur point about how overly thinking about her beauty isnt gonna make me any more beautiful or less. and that i should appreciate the way i look because they are people who are worse of then myself.

But i just wished that she knew what people think about her, i just wanna be her friend or soemthing :/ x
grow some balls dude
Gain some confidence - then get to know her and then ask her out once you have the confidence.
Original post by evilangelsaber
Gain some confidence - then get to know her and then ask her out once you have the confidence.

I don't fancy her in that way :eek:
Reply 32
hmm, maybe! because she does sometimes stare at me and my friends when we walk past 'her and her friends'. so maybe she does wanna blend in, i'm not sure :/

but, she's so different i mean she's so simple, doesnt wear makeup and yet soo beautiful! hm... I wonder what she thinks about herself and her beauty

haha aww why do you really like this 'crush' of urs?? personality or beauty?? :smile:

I used to be the guy everyone knew and loved at school, I liked it at first but then I got sick of it because I had no actual friends - no one I could talk to.

She probably just can't be arsed with makeup

I don't know really, it's just like I see her and I forget all my problems and everything seems OK. Problem is she's happy with her boyfriend and she's like my bestfriend so I've just gotta sit there and wait for my feelings to go.
I don't fancy her in that way :eek:

Aye then whats the problem here ... if thats the case then by asking her out and not on a date to just hang out and do something that wyou will both enjoy and get t0 know her better.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by evilangelsaber
Aye then whats the problem here ... if thats the case then by asking her out and not on a date to just hang out and do something that wyou will both enjoy and get t0 know her better.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

that's the problem mayn! she's TOOOO POPULAR I am nothing against her! hmm.. I'm trying to be strong and hopefully I can stop being so low on myself :s-smilie:

Lets see what happens

THANKS GUYS XD :colondollar:
Sorry about this rant but There is this girl I am obsessed with because she is just perfect! like she has beautiful sister, a great family and is just like really really beautiful!

Like I am ugly, boring, quite! I'm not saying because you're rich your amazing! but every time this girl posts a new profile picture, it make me cry and feel really down about myself!

she is soo down to earth and really popular, and I would never be able to approach her, as I am not her type of girl to hang out with! I really want to add her on facebook, but I feel restricted because I added her twice before and she didn't accept!

We go to this volunterring thing, and she and her family are really popular and well known!

I dunno what to do and how to feel :frown::frown:

clearly you need to work hard on your self-esteem. try to do something with your life that you can feel proud about.
Original post by cole-slaw
clearly you need to work hard on your self-esteem. try to do something with your life that you can feel proud about.

yes you're right, I'm trying my hard to be healthier, and accept the way I am :smile:

thanks
This was literally me a few years ago.
There is a girl who I have known since we were 4 (we're now both 17). We went to primary school together and were very close, back then I more or less idolised her, tried to copy her clothes/music taste etc. After primary school we went our seperate ways. She became very popular and pretty much disowned me because I didn't have outstanding social status - that's not to say I was unpopular at secondary school, I just don't strip on facebook for likes.
Anyway as we got older I thought she had everything I wanted. She was beautiful, thin, funny, had loads of friends, had no problems at home, got all the attention from boys. I was always so jealous of her and the way people talked about her. It seemed to me that she was entitled to so much more because she was pretty and popular. I would look at her pictures and feel so horrible about myself because some people seem to have it so easy.
But then one day I decided I'd had enough of comparing myself with her and I stopped everything. No more looking through her facebook, no more thinking about how much I wanted to look like her, no more jealousy over what I didn't have. I lead my own life, I shouldn't try to be someone that I'm not.
This was quite difficult to do at the start but a month later I went back on her facebook and I actually felt pity towards her? She had started uploading slutty pictures in a desperate attempt for likes and it just hit me that she won't be young and pretty forever. It might not be the same in your situation but this girl doesn't apply herself academically and her GCSEs weren't fantastic whereas I worked my arse off for mine and did so much better than I expected. I thought, "I might not be the prettiest or most popular, but I have ambition (something she doesn't have) which will serve me so much better in the future".
Now that I'm in sixth form, I'm fairly popular, there are people who think I'm the pretty one and I'm doing really well with my AS Levels. I'm more confident about myself and I don't feel that pang of jealousy when I see her on facebook or snapchat. Things haven't been this good in a long time.
Anyway moral of the story, it gets easier to be yourself when you come into contact with new people and its very important to be grateful for what you have. There might even come a time where people feel the same way about you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending