The Student Room Group

What should I do?

So first of all I would consider myself to be a moderately attractive guy. Not a 10/10 but maybe a 7.

I want to also say that I don’t want to sound egotistical or full of myself because that’s not the case.

I met this girl online from a foreign and she has shown interest in me. I believe it is because of my PFP. It’s just a good photo. I have a slight filter on it so I believe it enhances my look and makes me seem like a 9 or 10/10.

She is really pretty and hasn’t seen me without the filter.

I don’t want to be a catfish and lead her on. But idk If I have the confidence of showing myself without a filter as nobody wants to be rejected.

I know I’m not ugly and I’m decent but again the difference between a 7/10 and a 9/10 is big.

I do actually like her and we have been on call a few times. She was suggesting doing a face time and I do want to. But I don’t want her to get a surprise that I’m not as hot as my pfp.

What’s the best thing to do?
Original post by Anonymous
So first of all I would consider myself to be a moderately attractive guy. Not a 10/10 but maybe a 7.

I want to also say that I don’t want to sound egotistical or full of myself because that’s not the case.

I met this girl online from a foreign and she has shown interest in me. I believe it is because of my PFP. It’s just a good photo. I have a slight filter on it so I believe it enhances my look and makes me seem like a 9 or 10/10.

She is really pretty and hasn’t seen me without the filter.

I don’t want to be a catfish and lead her on. But idk If I have the confidence of showing myself without a filter as nobody wants to be rejected.

I know I’m not ugly and I’m decent but again the difference between a 7/10 and a 9/10 is big.

I do actually like her and we have been on call a few times. She was suggesting doing a face time and I do want to. But I don’t want her to get a surprise that I’m not as hot as my pfp.

What’s the best thing to do?

First of all, beauty is subjective.
Second, if she really likes you, then i doubt she'll reject you because of that.

Thinking about it, my dating app profile in the past were pictures of me in those silly snapchat filters, yet the people i ended up talking to and even met didn't reject me because of that.
Girls know that how a person can be different from the photos.
Don’t worry about that. just be a man, face time and show the best version of yourself! Good luck :smile:
Most people use the most attractive-looking photo of themselves that they can find, as their first profile picture. This is pretty normal and it isn't really a misrepresentation. So don't worry about it. Good luck and have fun :smile:
Reply 4
Can't wait for our FaceTime call! Quick thing - my profile pic has a filter from a photo enhancer app. So, I might not look as polished in real-time. Just wanted to keep it real with you! Hope that's cool! 😊
Reply 5
Super excited for our FaceTime call! Just a heads up, my profile pic got a little boost from a photo enhancer app, so I might not be as filter-fabulous in real-time. Keeping it real, hope that's totally cool with you! 😊Let's catch up soon!
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending