The Student Room Group

NCS The Challenge Thread (Summer 2015)

Scroll to see replies

anyone going to the kepplewray project, Cumbria tomorrow?
Original post by everything1177
I'm going to East Sussex :frown:

Are you going to Bowles in Sussex/Kent?
I've just got back from the first week so if you have any questions then let me know :smile:
Original post by ellendiane
I've just got back from the first week so if you have any questions then let me know :smile:

Hey :smile:,

I was just wandering what it was like when you first got to your place of meeting, was everyone on time or early? I only got my space last minute as I was on the waiting list and only found out I was going two days ago, so I don't know what group I am in or anything, just where I'm going and when.

Thanks, Charlie x
Original post by Char982
Hey :smile:,

I was just wandering what it was like when you first got to your place of meeting, was everyone on time or early? I only got my space last minute as I was on the waiting list and only found out I was going two days ago, so I don't know what group I am in or anything, just where I'm going and when.

Thanks, Charlie x

Heyya Charlie,

When you first get to the meeting point you're told where to sit and the name of your group, so you don't need to worry about that bit. Naturally, because it's the first day, everyone is quiet and awkward but your mentor will get you to do some ice breaker games to make sure you get to know everyone :smile: people were mainly on time, there were a few people that were a little late but not majorly!

I promise you, you'll love it so much!!!!
Original post by ouatislifex
anyone going to the kepplewray project, Cumbria tomorrow?

Are you meeting in birmingham?!
Original post by jake_johnson
Is anybody doing NCS on the 15th August, from Birmingham. Going to Cumbria????

Bit late, but me!🙋
Original post by ellendiane
Heyya Charlie,

When you first get to the meeting point you're told where to sit and the name of your group, so you don't need to worry about that bit. Naturally, because it's the first day, everyone is quiet and awkward but your mentor will get you to do some ice breaker games to make sure you get to know everyone :smile: people were mainly on time, there were a few people that were a little late but not majorly!

I promise you, you'll love it so much!!!!

Ahhh thankyou for your advise/experience!!!

I've been quite nervous as I'm year 12 and I know a lot of the time it's mainly year 11's plus at first I didn't really want to go (my parents wanted me to) as I have anxiety but hopefully it'll be good fun!!
Original post by Char982

I've been quite nervous as I'm year 12 and I know a lot of the time it's mainly year 11's plus at first I didn't really want to go (my parents wanted me to) as I have anxiety but hopefully it'll be good fun!!

Where are you going?☺️xx
Anyone meeting tomorrow in Southall?
Original post by rach.woodward
Where are you going?☺️xx

I'm going to Bowles in Kent/Sussex for week 1 and then the university of Surrey week 2, how about you?xx:tongue:
Original post by Char982

Dont worry about that, we have a few year 12s but no one gets treated any differently cause we all tend to forget that they're year 12 XD also, the mentors will always make sure you're okay and your group will be really supportive if you get anxious, people don't seem to judge like they would at school/college, I guess cause everyone chooses to be there.
Original post by rach.woodward
Are you meeting in birmingham?!

nope, west bromwich
start week 3 tomorrow and i cba man
just finished week 1, it was ok but I hated the hiking and camping
Original post by ouatislifex
just finished week 1, it was ok but I hated the hiking and camping

Also just finished and I think the camping was terrible. We had to stay in small tents full of insects whilst the other NCS group stayed in some sort of yurts back at our centre. It was extremely cold and the food was dreadful.

I feel like from my experience of week 1 NCS: The Challenge is slightly overrated and I am glad I'm home. Collecting my results tomorrow too. Hopefully week 2 will be better as that's what I was initially looking forward to.
finishing my week 3 tomorrow :'(
Just putting it out there guys that my wave has just beat the national total for fundraising this year
I just finished week 3 and I've loved every minute of it, I have seriously made some friends for life.
I'm so disappointed that I didnt get to do this. I live in Wales and it wasn't one of the registerable regions. :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending