The Student Room Group

Work experience or workshops for summer of year 11

Does anyone have any useful suggestions for where i could find some good experiences for the summer. I would like to study maths at uni, so anything that could show a deep interest in maths? I was also thinking about ncs, is it worth it? Or can anyone recommend anything similar. Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by shaw867
Does anyone have any useful suggestions for where i could find some good experiences for the summer. I would like to study maths at uni, so anything that could show a deep interest in maths? I was also thinking about ncs, is it worth it? Or can anyone recommend anything similar. Thanks!! :smile:

Hi @shaw867 I would recommend looking on Gradcracker and Rate My Placement this will allow you to find placements related to Maths. I would also recommend emailing some companies you have an interest in as you never know what the answer could be. For NCS a few of my friend have gone and said its defiantly not something they would do again or recommend. I would say enjoy your summer before you go to College/Sixth form but NCS is still promoted as a experience so its up to you. Hope this Helps!

Gurpej Kaur(Student Rep)
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @shaw867 I would recommend looking on Gradcracker and Rate My Placement this will allow you to find placements related to Maths. I would also recommend emailing some companies you have an interest in as you never know what the answer could be. For NCS a few of my friend have gone and said its defiantly not something they would do again or recommend. I would say enjoy your summer before you go to College/Sixth form but NCS is still promoted as a experience so its up to you. Hope this Helps!

Gurpej Kaur(Student Rep)

are the placements here are only for uni students? thats all im seeing but is there actually stuff for 16 yr olds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending