The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
it was a bit weird. he was much smaller. but to be honest i've not really thought a lot about the actual act, i've instead been thinking about how stupid i was to do it in the first place, and how much it will hurt my boyfriend

What made you decide to do it?
Original post by queen-bee
Have you no shame/regrets? Smh

not being funny but did you not read the rest of the thread
of course i regret it, i feel terrible because i'm about to break horrible news to my boyfriend which will hurt him so much, and it could have been so easily avoided
i feel so bad for him, because he didn't deserve this at all, he needs somebody he can trust
and i feel ashamed of myself because i never thought anything like this would ever happen - i've ruined my relationship for a couple of minutes of (not even that much) fun
Original post by Natalierm2707
If after 4 years my partner cheated on me, I would feel betrayed and totally worthless.

I really hope you do feel ashamed of yourself, we all need to stop living in the moment and realise how much harm our actions can do to others, especially the people we care about the most.

You will now be forever branded as a cheat, and although people change its going to make relationships hard in the future if people get word of what happened.

We all make mistakes, and sadly in this situation this guy that probably loves you deeply has to have his heart broken. He Cared about you, pity you didnt feel the same about him... or else we wouldnt be here.

of course i feel bad is that a joke, i properly cared about him.

What made you decide to do it?

i'd had too much to drink and it just sort of happened
not saying i wasn't aware of what i was doing, but my judgement was definitely impaired.

Original post by Pogostick8
I'm sorry but you don't understand a womans basic instinct and desire. All women cheat on their man, a womans love is only conditional and they are not designed to love one man forever.

i'm afraid i don't agree with you there.
i agree with you. i don't deserve him, definitely need to tell him, and he should end things with me. i know i'll never do it again, to anyone.

Don't get me wrong I feel a bit for you after scrolling through your replies, and I'm happy that you're willing to own up.

I really hope you feel guilty, and it is his decision to make, not yours.

Though I don't control my partner at all, I do express that they try not to get drunk or influenced by any kind of drug because it's just not healthy and lots of men will take advantage of that state. What my partner does is up to her, but I'd suggest you tone it down on the alcohol if that's what did half of the job for you.

This is coming from someone who doesn't drink or do drugs the vast majority of the time though.
of course i feel bad is that a joke, i properly cared about him.

I don't understand how you can care about someone and then do that to them???

But anyway who am I to judge, I just hope this all works out for you and him, just please dont do what some girls do after cheating, and try to force him into staying against his will.
This isn't a question but you did good. All men deserve to be cheated on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Expired Potato
Don't get me wrong I feel a bit for you after scrolling through your replies, and I'm happy that you're willing to own up.

I really hope you feel guilty, and it is his decision to make, not yours.

Though I don't control my partner at all, I do express that they try not to get drunk or influenced by any kind of drug because it's just not healthy and lots of men will take advantage of that state. What my partner does is up to her, but I'd suggest you tone it down on the alcohol if that's what did half of the job for you.

This is coming from someone who doesn't drink or do drugs the vast majority of the time though.

i don't normally drink too much, but a couple of friends had been buying me drinks that night and i guess i overdid it. i'm definitely not blaming it on the alcohol though, it's still totally my own fault
i know i wouldn't have done it sober, but it's not like alcohol suddenly makes you sprout wings or anything does it, it just impairs judgement so you sort of forget how stupid the things you're doing really are

i won't be making this kind of mistake again trust me
i don't normally drink too much, but a couple of friends had been buying me drinks that night and i guess i overdid it. i'm definitely not blaming it on the alcohol though, it's still totally my own fault
i know i wouldn't have done it sober, but it's not like alcohol suddenly makes you sprout wings or anything does it, it just impairs judgement so you sort of forget how stupid the things you're doing really are

i won't be making this kind of mistake again trust me

Well the fact it impairs judgement isn't good at all. Did your 'best friend' buy you drinks?

And good, it's a horrible thing to do.
I don't understand how you can care about someone and then do that to them???

But anyway who am I to judge, I just hope this all works out for you and him, just please dont do what some girls do after cheating, and try to force him into staying against his will.

neither do i. i was always horrified to hear stories of people cheating, yet here i am having done exactly the same thing. i genuinely thought i'd be with him forever, not sure what i was playing at.
i would never force him into staying, it's completely his decision
i'll be devastated to lose him, but at the end of the day it is entirely my own fault and i just have to own it

Original post by FoxOnAMission

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah good one, let's be a fake feminist shall we
nobody deserves to be cheated on, it's a really horrible thing to do. you're betraying a person who loves you and cares for you. nobody deserves that.
take your man-hating self elsewhere
What I also dont understand which is totally in OP's defence, is why this "best friend" slept with her knowing she was in a long term relationship, IMO he is equally to blame.
Original post by Expired Potato
Well the fact it impairs judgement isn't good at all. Did your 'best friend' buy you drinks?

And good, it's a horrible thing to do.

yes, but we all buy each other drinks so don't read into that too much
i'm fully aware it's a horrible thing to do
What I also dont understand which is totally in OP's defence, is why this "best friend" slept with her knowing she was in a long term relationship, IMO he is equally to blame.

as the saying goes, it takes two to tango
we're both to blame here
19 year old female at uni, cheated on my long term bf the other day. ask me anything

Does it bother you that having demonstrated that you do not value loyalty, i and others consider you inferior.
neither do i. i was always horrified to hear stories of people cheating, yet here i am having done exactly the same thing. i genuinely thought i'd be with him forever, not sure what i was playing at.
i would never force him into staying, it's completely his decision
i'll be devastated to lose him, but at the end of the day it is entirely my own fault and i just have to own it

I actually do feel some sort of sympathy for you, and I know its wrong to because you did what you did and its still morally wrong, but I feel like you had no idea what you were doing, and your best friend just played on the fact that you were drunk and lacking inhibitions due to that, and managed to get you into bed.

It could be anything, you did say you liked your best friend so maybe since you have known him he has taken your signals on board and totally misunderstood the situation.

I dont know, you have a long chat to worry about anyway, I would think about how best to word it without sounding cold heated, but also without making it sound like your a lost girl (if you get me).

Good luck.
yes, but we all buy each other drinks so don't read into that too much
i'm fully aware it's a horrible thing to do

I dunno, the fact he bought you drinks and then got you to give him a blowjob makes me think otherwise :holmes:
well if you can figure it out please go ahead and explain it to me
because i have no idea why i decided to betray him like that

Was yours a particularly sheltered, cosseted and generally stringent upbringing?
Original post by FoxOnAMission

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see that you're attempting to be a little hippie and stand out from the crowd with your answer

fail. Cheating is unacceptable, no ifs, no buts.
Alcohol is such a wonderful thing >_>
I actually do feel some sort of sympathy for you, and I know its wrong to because you did what you did and its still morally wrong, but I feel like you had no idea what you were doing, and your best friend just played on the fact that you were drunk and lacking inhibitions due to that, and managed to get you into bed.

It could be anything, you did say you liked your best friend so maybe since you have known him he has taken your signals on board and totally misunderstood the situation.

I dont know, you have a long chat to worry about anyway, I would think about how best to word it without sounding cold heated, but also without making it sound like your a lost girl (if you get me).

Good luck.

yeah sort of
he did have to persuade me a bit to come over, but it's not like he pressured me into doing anything once i was there, i was aware of what i was doing but not particularly considering the consequences. i'd say my judgement was clouded, but i wasn't like unconscious or anything, so it's still my fault

i am dreading telling him yeah

Original post by Rakas21
Does it bother you that having demonstrated that you do not value loyalty, i and others consider you inferior.

no not really, the only person's opinion i particularly care about right now is my boyfriend's
does it bother you that i don't see myself as inferior then
You did summat stupid then didnt you. Just imagine he cheated on you. Instead of you sharing out youve cheated on him on OP youd actually say he cheated on me and just cry wouldnt you? or maybe ask for help.....
No offence but if he didnt do anything bad why do it in the first place :/...

Latest

Trending

Trending