The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Profesh
Was yours a particularly sheltered, cosseted and generally stringent upbringing?

no i grew up in a rough area, definitely wasn't sheltered

Original post by thecatwithnohat
I see that you're attempting to be a little hippie and stand out from the crowd with your answer

fail. Cheating is unacceptable, no ifs, no buts.

agreed
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
yeah sort of
no not really, the only person's opinion i particularly care about right now is my boyfriend's
does it bother you that i don't see myself as inferior then

Your value judgments are your own and so it does not bother me.

I take the view that people are worthy of being my equal until they prove otherwise but other's don;t think like me (good or bad, who knows). By proving that you are disloyal, your not worthy of respect from your boyfriend in my view. He may be weak enough to keep you though.
no i grew up in a rough area, definitely wasn't sheltered

agreed

top banter there mate

Thanks, I do try. But in all seriousness, I'd be pretty ****ed off if that happened to me, but we all make mistakes.
Original post by Asha_19
You did summat stupid then didnt you. Just imagine he cheated on you. Instead of you sharing out youve cheated on him on OP youd actually say he cheated on me and just cry wouldnt you? or maybe ask for help.....
No offence but if he didnt do anything bad why do it in the first place :/...

i genuinely don't know why i did it
he is a lovely guy, and has never done anything wrong, he's just generally amazing in every way
i wish i could have been just as perfect for him, but you can't change the past
and if he leaves me then i know he'll make somebody else very happy, because he's actually properly great
did you swallow? Also if you didn't actually sleep with him why bother telling him?
Original post by Rakas21
Your value judgments are your own and so it does not bother me.

I take the view that people are worthy of being my equal until they prove otherwise but other's don;t think like me (good or bad, who knows). By proving that you are disloyal, your not worthy of respect from your boyfriend in my view. He may be weak enough to keep you though.

i agree with you, i definitely don't deserve his respect
i've betrayed his trust, and that's an awful thing to do.

Thanks, I do try. But in all seriousness, I'd be pretty ****ed off if that happened to me, but we all make mistakes.

i know, me too. that's why it's so awful
i genuinely don't know why i did it
he is a lovely guy, and has never done anything wrong, he's just generally amazing in every way
i wish i could have been just as perfect for him, but you can't change the past
and if he leaves me then i know he'll make somebody else very happy, because he's actually properly great

Hmm. Maybe because you still had feeling for your ex & you just cant let him go if your saying hes a lovely guy. You love the guy. You made a mistake and youve confessed it patch things up and make it out and this time dont go crazy.
Original post by karl pilkington
did you swallow? Also if you didn't actually sleep with him why bother telling him?

does that make a difference
i would tell him even if i just kissed somebody, because it's wrong to cheat
when you enter into an exclusive relationship you've made a commitment to that person. doing something with somebody else is betraying their trust, and they deserve to know that you've not been faithful. so i will tell him

Original post by ms-13
of all my friends its the good one's that have been cheated on and i know how you're bf is going to feel I've been cheated on once by my ex and she was a so called "nice" girl its always the one's you dont expect that turn out to be whores.

i wouldn't say cheating made me a whore, because i didn't have sex in exchange for money.
definitely doesn't make me a classy girl though, and i'm not trying to pretend it does, or justify my actions in any way. but there's no need to throw words around to get a reaction

Original post by Asha_19
Hmm. Maybe because you still had feeling for your ex & you just cant let him go if your saying hes a lovely guy. You love the guy. You made a mistake and youve confessed it patch things up and make it out and this time dont go crazy.

i'm not sure i quite understand...
Original post by Juicy J
That's not cheating. There's nothing wrong with that. You're not married, you can have sex with any man you want :smile: good on you

Posted from TSR Mobile

The biggest pile of BS that I saw today, maybe even yesterday too

Posted from TSR Mobile
19 year old female at uni, cheated on my long term bf the other day. ask me anything

OP I feel your shame. I've recently been in a very similar situation to you, except I'm a guy who got with a girl who was a friend. I was also pissed, I was also shocked and appalled with myself. It's damaged my opinion of my own self-worth so that's nice.

I definitely think you're right to tell. I felt so awful and physically sick I couldn't sleep until I had. Sometimes I think I was only doing it to make myself feel better, although it wasn't particularly effective, and I hurt her at least as much as I did myself. But you can't live a lie like that and retain any sense of yourself as a decent human being and I am sure, one stupid mistake aside, you are still that.

As it happens my girlfriend was able to forgive eventually. It has damaged trust badly and quite possibly irrecoverably, but as it stands we are still together. I worry that I'm abusing her love for me but breaking up with her for that reason would be even crueller.

And while half the haters here may well be upstanding people, the other half probably just aren't likeable enough for it to be a risk. I used to think I was decent and look down on other people's transgressions, without realising at all how a bad combination of emotional, physical and alcoholic factors could lead me to the exact same place. Now I'm less cocky I can make sure I don't put myself in those situations again, as I try to forgive myself.
Do you wear Fedoras?
OP I feel your shame. I've recently been in a very similar situation to you, except I'm a guy who got with a girl who was a friend. ......

I just want him to be happy, and if he can't be happy with me then that's his choice.
I don't really have a great feeling of self-worth anyway so it hasn't gone down particularly
and i've always tried to be an understanding person, i'm the person people often come to with their problems because they know i would never judge them
good to know it's working out for you though, i wish you all the best in trying to regain her trust

Original post by somemightsay888
Do you wear Fedoras?

nope
I don't understand why you cheated though. I'm not asking to judge but I'm curious to know why someone may cheat on someone they love. Have you ever been attracted to your best friend? Like whats your relationship with your best friend like? (in the past). Does he regret it as much as you do or did he not really care?
And how exactly did it happen? You said you had a few drinks but do you remember it and do you know what you were thinking?
"Truly regrets actions" > opens an AMA on TSR.

Seems Legit.
Original post by Pogostick8
All women cheat get over it.

obviously not true

i honestly don't know. i hate myself for doing it to him, because i never ever wanted to hurt him. i don't know what i was thinking. and even if he can forgive me, i don't know if i can forgive myself, because he is so lovely, and i've probably hurt him more than anything else ever has.
Original post by Northern Downpour
I don't understand why you cheated though. I'm not asking to judge but I'm curious to know why someone may cheat on someone they love. Have you ever been attracted to your best friend? Like whats your relationship with your best friend like? (in the past). Does he regret it as much as you do or did he not really care?
And how exactly did it happen? You said you had a few drinks but do you remember it and do you know what you were thinking?

my best friend and i were flirty when we met years ago, and physically attracted to each other. but we've been very close for a couple of years now and it's only been platonic. i think he regrets hurting his gf but he's not bothered enough to tell her, and probably doesn't even regret it happening.

i remember leaving the club, going back to his, and i remember the point where he finished and me being like omg i have properly screwed up
i don't remember the actual act in any detail at all, i'm just aware that it happened
i have no idea what i was thinking

i can't even try to justify why i cheated, there's just no reason at all

Original post by The Shed End
"Truly regrets actions" > opens an AMA on TSR.

Seems Legit.

i do regret my actions
i thought it might be useful to other people to learn from my mistakes
and it's sort of helping me to talk about it too
Is your bf on TSR?
Original post by jay2013
Is your bf on TSR?

not to my knowledge
What are you studying at uni?
does that make a difference
i would tell him even if i just kissed somebody, because it's wrong to cheat
when you enter into an exclusive relationship you've made a commitment to that person. doing something with somebody else is betraying their trust, and they deserve to know that you've not been faithful. so i will tell him

i wouldn't say cheating made me a whore, because i didn't have sex in exchange for money.
definitely doesn't make me a classy girl though, and i'm not trying to pretend it does, or justify my actions in any way. but there's no need to throw words around to get a reaction

i'm not sure i quite understand...

yes as swallowing is more intimate also maybe he will dump you a lot of guys would so you are basically risking the relationship.

Latest

Trending

Trending