The Student Room Group

i want to turn my uni "acquaintances" into uni "friends"

How do you cross the bridge? I have plenty of friends, but they are basically all in my halls and I want to have some friends from my course. Especially because halls will be over soon but also because you can never have too many friends.
Plan a night out with people from your course or like a movie night?
Reply 2
Don't impale them.
Original post by Erinspad
Don't impale them.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to know how to turn acquaintances into friends.
Reply 4
Original post by Lionheart96
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to know how to turn acquaintances into friends.

Well I mean.. you could try it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Making friends can be a bit awkward/intimidating, but if they're already aquaintances that's half the struggle right? People like to be invited out, so ask people if they want to go for drinks/food/study/go for a walk/watch a movie/really anything. You might not become bffs overnight, but the more you can hang out the more likely you are to be friends.
Original post by Erinspad
Don't impale them.

I only do that to my enemies.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
How do you cross the bridge? I have plenty of friends, but they are basically all in my halls and I want to have some friends from my course. Especially because halls will be over soon but also because you can never have too many friends.

Have you considered going on a night out with them? Perhaps dinner and movie night? What about games night?

I think in order to be friends with them, you have to hang out with them more and get to know them better. You don't become friends with them overnight. It will take a while before it blossoms into friendship.
Reply 7
Yes. The best think you can do is invite them out, start a friendship outside of the course. My now best friend and I arranged to meet up after we met at a friends party and began speaking over the internet. Now, a few good years down the line and we are super close!
well i did invite a few of them out but i think doing it with a facebook event (it was a facebook event for my birthday) was a mistake because no one came out

i guess i'll just have to wait until next year to invite them out since most people are starting to go back home for summer...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending