The Student Room Group

21, female, pretty - single for over a year, cannot get a boyfriend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoshZ
Sexist.

It was also a tradition for women to stay at home and look after the children but times have changed.

Course not..don't be silly that's a different story

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
It's the tradition for men to approach girls

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might be a tradition but it's not a rule :lol:
Reply 42
Maybe you're not pretty
Reply 43

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then op can enjoy being traditionally single :smile:
Course not..don't be silly that's a different story

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was joking, IDGAF about sexism in MEDC's like Britain and America. IMO it's a non-issue, things are as equal as they're ever going to be - women suffer some inequalities, men suffer some inequalities. Modern-day feminists have tarnished the work of the early feminists and Emily Davison would be turning in her grave if she could see what 'feminism' has turned in to. One example of the disease that we collectively know as modern day feminism was the Comet scientist Matt Taylor's shirt. Inequality is such a bigger issue in LEDC's such as Africa, many Islamic nations etc. and if feminists really want to help instead of being a nuisance, they should focus their attention here.
OK lol I've been found out with that hideous error :biggrin:
I'm in the single club and it doesn't bother me, just takes time sometimes to find someone right. It's called being picky :biggrin:
Reply 47

Posted from TSR Mobile

A sad truth that almost all girls stick to.

A girl confident/fearless enough to actively go up and talk to a guy and maybe ask him out?
Shows that's she's different and doesn't care about "tradition" or what's expected.

She does her own thing and doesn't sit at the bar trying to look pretty or get the attention of a guy she has her eye on.
She just gets up and walks towards him.
do you ever get approached by guys how do you know you are pretty
Original post by karl pilkington
do you ever get approached by guys how do you know you are pretty

Beauty is subjective see. She may think she's beaut

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
So I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t even know what sort of advice I’m looking for but I’m totally lost as to what I’m doing wrong really. Bit of background, I broke up with my last and only boyfriend in March 2013, .. fast forward 2 years.. I’ve been single that whole time. I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there. The guys I have liked and wanted to date don’t reciprocate those feelings ever. I’m told I’m pretty and hot and great body, (I’m blonde green eyed 5,4) .. I do pole fitness so I’m pretty slim too.. I’m always friendly, up for a laugh, optimistic. I’m a good friend, good listener, I do my best to help anyone that needs it. So what the hell is up with me? I’m trying not to get bitter but I really, truly am starting to now. At first it was like, well, it’s nice being single, discovering who I am as a person etc etc and then after a while it just hurts because I’m craving that affection and intimacy and I feel as though it’s really lacking in my life. I tried OKcupid but it just felt artificial and forced and I couldn’t see me getting any real feeling/attraction through that sort of medium and that goes for all those sorts of dating platforms. I mean I’m at uni, I know a wide variety of people, you’d think at least one I’d have clicked with right? :/

What could it be? :frown:

Why do you feel the need to have to be in a relationship to be happy?
Been there, done that😴

Time to get back with your ex...
Original post by MatureStudent36
Why do you feel the need to have to be in a relationship to be happy?

Because when you've broken up from long term relationship with someone you really loved you have to deal with a deep emptiness in your soul that will probably never be filled adequately.
Original post by Lúcio
A sad truth that almost all girls stick to.

A girl confident/fearless enough to actively go up and talk to a guy and maybe ask him out?
Shows that's she's different and doesn't care about "tradition" or what's expected.

She does her own thing and doesn't sit at the bar trying to look pretty or get the attention of a guy she has her eye on.
She just gets up and walks towards him.

This would be me!
Original post by Lemon Haze
Because when you've broken up from long term relationship with someone you really loved you have to deal with a deep emptiness in your soul that will probably never be filled adequately.

I hate the cliche, but join a club. You are not defined by relationships. Going from one relationship to another because you're unhappy is like being distraught that a family pet has died and buying a replacement straight away.

I merely asked because I can think of several reasons why nobody wants a relationship at 21.
Original post by Anonymous
So I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t even know what sort of advice I’m looking for but I’m totally lost as to what I’m doing wrong really. Bit of background, I broke up with my last and only boyfriend in March 2013, .. fast forward 2 years.. I’ve been single that whole time. I have had a couple guys like me in that way but I haven’t had those feelings for them because there just wasn’t the attraction there. The guys I have liked and wanted to date don’t reciprocate those feelings ever. I’m told I’m pretty and hot and great body, (I’m blonde green eyed 5,4) .. I do pole fitness so I’m pretty slim too.. I’m always friendly, up for a laugh, optimistic. I’m a good friend, good listener, I do my best to help anyone that needs it. So what the hell is up with me? I’m trying not to get bitter but I really, truly am starting to now. At first it was like, well, it’s nice being single, discovering who I am as a person etc etc and then after a while it just hurts because I’m craving that affection and intimacy and I feel as though it’s really lacking in my life. I tried OKcupid but it just felt artificial and forced and I couldn’t see me getting any real feeling/attraction through that sort of medium and that goes for all those sorts of dating platforms. I mean I’m at uni, I know a wide variety of people, you’d think at least one I’d have clicked with right? :/

What could it be? :frown:

Must admit, I find this difficult to believe. Sure you are not just being too picky? Perhaps you're waiting for a perfectly toned 6 foot hunk like in the films?

The reality is, on online dating websites there are like 5 times as many men as women. It's really really easy for women, especially if they are hot like you are, you'd get lots and lots of messages. And don't give me the whole "yeah but they are only looking for one thing, or they are weirdos" line, no they are not, some of them are normal like you. Lower your standards, accept that you're boyfriend isn't going to be David Beckham, otherwise you'll be single forever. Best of luck.
Reply 56
Original post by Eboracum
Must admit, I find this difficult to believe. Sure you are not just being too picky? Perhaps you're waiting for a perfectly toned 6 foot hunk like in the films?

The reality is, on online dating websites there are like 5 times as many men as women. It's really really easy for women, especially if they are hot like you are, you'd get lots and lots of messages. And don't give me the whole "yeah but they are only looking for one thing, or they are weirdos" line, no they are not, some of them are normal like you. Lower your standards, accept that you're boyfriend isn't going to be David Beckham, otherwise you'll be single forever. Best of luck.

I love how I'm so understanding and polite and then Eboracum comes in and crushes them with tough love :wink:
Reply 57
Original post by Lúcio
Don't even speak of that club here Jordan. :/

Original post by jordanhenderson.
One of them being a Manchester United fan... whoever they are :u:

Looking forwards to sunday are you? :smile: Under 3 days to go !!!!
Reply 58
Original post by MissDetermined
This would be me!

Good for you, I'm glad to hear that :smile:

Shows you're different and courageous; not afraid of rejection and willing to put yourself out there.
It means you understand what it's like for unconfident guys who are expected to do this on a regular basis.

Girls so regularly try to be so closed off, playing hard to get and seldom revealing how they feel.
So many potential relationships never happen simply because a girl is too afraid to show how she feels and a guy is too unsure to ask her out?
Reply 59
Original post by samba
Looking forwards to sunday are you? :smile: Under 3 days to go !!!!

Bricking it mate.
But we have Henderson to save us :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending