The Student Room Group

University of Kent bans Haitham al Haddad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by iamthetruth
Yes he is a racist but as long as he doesn't say anything against people of colour and just speaks about Zionism then that's OK with me.

Pathetic

He does not believe non-whites are human beings. He thinks that they are a lesser species of ape... and you would allow him onto campus so long as he avoided certain topics?
Reply 21
Original post by democracyforum
He's a respectable person with some valid points of view.

Muslim extremists are not

I'm pretty right wing but.. what?

Hitler has 'some valid points of view'. Bin Laden had 'some valid points of view'. Everyone has some valid points of view
Original post by Borgia
Universities should be places of debate and discussion, but also places where people, regardless of race, orientation or gender feel accepted. Allowing anyone who has a fundamental hatred of what they are onto campus would be wrong

True.
Original post by PopaPork
why? but if he is allowed to speak should people, say from the LGBT societies be allowed to attend and be able to challenge him?

If he doesn't say those things again then it should be OK.
If he doesn't say those things again then it should be OK.

But he HAS said these things

But you didn't answer the rest of mt question

if he is allowed to speak should people, say from the LGBT societies be allowed to attend and be able to challenge him?
Original post by PopaPork
But he HAS said these things

But you didn't answer the rest of mt question

if he is allowed to speak should people, say from the LGBT societies be allowed to attend and be able to challenge him?

Why would LGBT go to an Islamic event though? If they are talking about LGBT then that's different
You can't debate with muslim extremists.

You can debate white supremacists.

That's the difference.
(edited 9 years ago)
You can't deate with muslim extremists.

That's the difference.

Why do you say that? Poeple should have the opportunity to debate both types if they hold offensive views that oppose them.
Why would LGBT go to an Islamic event though? If they are talking about LGBT then that's different

To challenge the Hate Speaker about their views
1. Why the hell woulld the Kent ISOC even approach him, surely this should raise alarms about extremism within the Kent ISOC which would require an investigation.
Original post by goobypls
1. Why the hell woulld the Kent ISOC even approach him, surely this should raise alarms about extremism within the Kent ISOC which would require an investigation.

Because they secretly agree with his views.
Reply 31

That's the difference.

No you cant

That's the difference.

White supremacists are worse than the extremists themselves
Yesss good news. hope they remove that scum from the all universities.

I am muslim myself and I can say this person is horrible. He is in the ISIS league, if he was in syria he would be an ISIS commander. you only have to go see his videos on youtube where he condemns people to death, include shia muslims, who he states are bigger apostates than non muslims. Absolute scum he has no place in islam, and is just another reason islamophobia is so big.
Reply 34
They banned Sheikh Haitham Al Haddad, due to repeated slander-campaigns by racist outlets and groups, aligned with the far right, to intentionally misrepresent his views and label him an extremist.

Some sources
The Mysterious Campaign Against Haitham al-Haddad
Reply from Dr. Haitham Al-Haddad to allegations made in the Daily Mail & Sunday Times newspaper
“FGM”: The Latest Attempt to Dehumanise Muslims
Dr Haitham Al-Haddad and Uni of Westminster Isoc respond to LGBT petition

Calling the Sheikh an extremist is preposterous; he is well respected among the UK Muslim community. More information in sources available above. The Sheikh does not support ISIS; what kind of stupidity is that? People have no decency these days. They just throw out accusations in line with whatever garbage they read in the press.

If you disagree with those of his opinions that are in line with Islamic teaching, then your disagreement is with Islam, not him. In which case, you might as well call all Islamic scholars extremists and reject them a platform. The only thing that makes this Sheikh special is that he was targeted for political reasons and his statements were taken wildly out of context. Though I admit I'm not that familiar with him and am certainly not qualified to defend him. But he isn't a fringe Sheikh and attributing these lies to him and calling him an extremist is absurd.

It's been a couple years now since these people posted these comments and they probably regret it now and only commented in haste after reading the headlines, thinking if it was in the news, it must be true. Even The Sunday Times, who initially published papers in massive bold text calling him an extremist, eventually apologised to him in small mini font in their small corrections and clarifications section after successfully slandering his name.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending