Is A-levels maths extremely hard??

On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Probably a 6
Reply 2
Original post by Patrick2810
Probably a 6

Only 6? I thought it'd be harder! Or are u naturally quite good at it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
3/4 (with 10 being mist difficult)

In comparison to other subjects
What are you predicted at GCSE? I find C1 really easy, M1 was a struggle at first but not it's not too bad and C2 is fine.
Original post by DeeXiomara
On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on how good you already are at Maths, how much work you're willing to put in etc... personally, I would say a 6 for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A at GCSE and I find it 7-8 depending on the topic. As long as you revise everything from the very beginning of the course (something I should have done), you'll be fine!
Well, thousands of teenagers manage to pass it every year so it's not that difficult.
7.5ish.

It can be difficult for some people to grasp, and not for others. Maybe it depends on what kind of brain you have.
Reply 9
It's very easy, well Core 1 and Core 2 are. You will then do either Decision 1, which is just following algorithms or mechanics 1 which I havent done yet. I don't know about A2 but AS is incredibly easy

For me, 1 to 2/10 but I think most people find it 4/10
Reply 10
Original post by midgemeister7
3/4 (with 10 being mist difficult)

In comparison to other subjects

What subjects have u compared it too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my sister's A2 exam at the end someone started crying/howling and threw their paper on the floor.

Idk sounds kinda hard to me
A* at GCSE, but it's still like a 7.5 for me. I think that's because I wasn't really that bothered about maths, I wouldn't take it unless I enjoyed it personally.
Reply 13
Original post by contradicta
What are you predicted at GCSE? I find C1 really easy, M1 was a struggle at first but not it's not too bad and C2 is fine.

I'm predicted an A* at GCSE however I think I'll probably get an A. What does M1 consist of??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by laylarose
I got an A at GCSE and I find it 7-8 depending on the topic. As long as you revise everything from the very beginning of the course (something I should have done), you'll be fine!

Thanks for the advice! :biggrin: Have u finished A-levels already? If so, what did u get in A level maths? (If u don't mind me asking)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What subjects have u compared it too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics, Languages, History. Out of interest how are you doing at GCSE if applicable? That'll determine whether or not it'll be easy for you. Short answer - AS isn't that tricky. Not sure about A2 personally yet.
It's fine, honestly. Just crack out the practice questions.
I'm predicted an A* at GCSE however I think I'll probably get an A. What does M1 consist of??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might not do it in your AS year, most schools do S1 (statistics) first. It's the maths side of mechanics, topics like projectiles, momentum, kinematics and forces.
Reply 18
Original post by midgemeister7
Economics, Languages, History. Out of interest how are you doing at GCSE if applicable? That'll determine whether or not it'll be easy for you. Short answer - AS isn't that tricky. Not sure about A2 personally yet.

I'm quite up & down with maths. From the last mock I did, I'm currently at an A grade. I'm predicted an A* but don't really see that happening lol.
Also, did u find languages to be difficult at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey hey,

just to bump on this nice conversation. How would you put in order from the hardest to the easiest A Level the following. And I mean I am not taking AS and then A2 but the whole A Level in one go.

1.Accounting CIE
2.Mathematics CIE
3.Economics CIE

Quick Reply

Latest