The Student Room Group

Worried about my first time

I've been with my boyfriend for a few months now and it's really obvious he wants to have sex with me. He is fairly experienced compared to me who hasnt really done anything like that before. I'm excited by the idea of doing it but when it comes to it, I get anxious and feel like I want to put it off.

He is very understanding so that's not a problem but he has mentioned he has a high sex drive and hinted that I've been driving him crazy recently. I feel slightly guilty but know he wouldnt want me to do something that I don't want to.

It's just when it comes to it, I feel self conscious about my body and I'm scared of doing something wrong. I want to do it but I want to feel less anxious about it. I think the next time I stay over I'll have a few drinks to build my confidence.

So, yeah I'm definitely ready to do it but I just want some advice to feel less anxious, less self conscious and more confident.
Reply 1
Relax!

It sounds silly, but there's not really anything you can do wrong - at the end of the day, hopefully you're both comfortable around each other and know each other's "limits". Just remember to be sensible and you'll be fine!

As for confidence & anxiety, just remember that nothing bad will come of it, if it somehow goes spectacularly wrong and somebody falls off the bed or something, then it's not the end of the world, you can just try again! Hopefully you're comfortable around your boyfriend, so try not to worry about feeling self conscious, because chances are he has no problems with your body! Finally, it'll be more fun for both of you if you just try and relax and enjoy it, which in turn will help with your confidence, which should make the whole experience nicer for you!

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending