The Student Room Group

18, overweight but still pretty... Would you date me?

Hey so I'm 18, anon because embarassed. But I've been single over a year and a half now, and I've not particularly been looking for a relationship but it's not like I've been avoiding them. I am average height for a girl which is still quite short and I don't think I'm 'ugly' per say, I mean I'm clean, I think carefully about my fashion choices, I'm not a slob I've just had a life of not caring about what I ate (it's different now though)
my question is, I know there is a stigma about guys not liking fat girls, and that's fine everyone has personal preferences, but is being overweight a total turn off or does personality and looks play a part?

Scroll to see replies

No. Lots of guys like "bigger" girls. And of course personality plays a part. Don't worry too much.
Don't worry, it's just a matter of time :smile:
Some guys have a fat fetish...
There was a lot of stuff in the newspapers and radio last week about how it tends to be females who are more critical of curves than males. Obviously there is a limit between overweight and obese but the average woman is. Size 14 not 4

all blokes care abou is a pulse and I am not sure that this is a hard rule with some
Original post by domonict

all blokes care abou is a pulsee

Speak for yourself. Wouldn't go near a size 14 or above girl myself. Even size 12 is pushing it.

Size 10 is perfect, size 8 is good too.
Reply 6
I don't get it. If you think you're pretty, why can't we see a pic of you? You shouldn't exactly be embarrassed.
Speaking as someone who met their partner when I was four stone heavier, can confirm that personality - for some - most definitely plays a part. :yep:
Reply 8
I'm size 8, is that an okay size? Or too skinny?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
depends if the fat is in the right places tbh lol.
Reply 10
pic?
I value personality above all else. But its worth mentioning that I would also avoid most bigger girls because of how insecure girls that were overweight have been in the past. It's absolutely crippling insecurity.

So if you do meet someone (it will happen, give it time), don't be constantly insecure about your weight to the point your personality doesnt shine through. :h:
A lot of guys prefer bigger women just like some women prefer bigger guys. My bf is overweight and it never once came into the equation on whether I was attracted to him or not. I fell for him for the fact I did still find him cute, we got on like a house on fire and he has a great personality. His weight has never bothered me other than it could be a health risk for him. Someone being overweight, wouldn't automatically make me not date them and a lot of people feel the same way so don't worry about it. You will meet someone soon I'm sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like bigger women, how big are you? Its weird because liking bigger women is a bit of a taboo and makes people think you are a mad fetishist.. I always dated bigger women and it was awkward when they asked "you don't mind about my weight?" I cant say "mind? I love it" because they will get self conscious!
I don't think size should be too much of an issue, most men prefer girls who have curves now!

Then again, I'm 21 and have never had a boyfriend so perhaps not the right person to answer!
Original post by voiceofreason234
Speak for yourself. Wouldn't go near a size 14 or above girl myself. Even size 12 is pushing it.

Size 10 is perfect, size 8 is good too.

You ought to bear in mind that height has as much a role to play as weight for clothing sizes. Rejecting someone on their clothing size really is pathetic.
Honestly, if your personality is more prevalent, then your weight wouldn't matter. As others have mentioned though, there is a limit. For instance, if you were obese, I would entertain a conversation but not go any further. Not being shallow, it's just having a personal preference.
Reply 17
Pics?
I wouldn't worry about it. I have been with my boyfriend for over 6 years now, and I am currently a size 24. I was probably a size 20/22 when I met him. He was my first proper boyfriend, and I was 19 when we met at uni (we actually lived in the same house in 2nd year as we had mutual friends). I used to think I would never find anyone, and would try quite hard to find a boyfriend. Sometimes you need to stop actively looking for someone and just let it happen naturally.
I'm not insecure about my weight, I'm happy with who I am,
It's just my best friend is recently single and she's had like 14 guys asking her on dates in like a month,
She is skinnier and taller than me, also prettier but I wanted to know how much weight matters,

I'm anon because I don't want people to recognise my name in later forums

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending