The Student Room Group

university jump from A-level.

I have asked loads of people did they find uni harder than A level. Some said yeah, others no. While most of them talked about the higher work load they said it the rest is okay.
I am just confused that some people say yeah much harder and others talk about uni like it is a piece of cake. I understand people are different and will find things harder/easier than other people.

So did you find your uni studies a lot harder it not?(I am currently doing A levels)
It's gonna depend on the uni and course largely. There's no definitive answer.
Reply 2
Original post by anunoriginaluser
It's gonna depend on the uni and course largely. There's no definitive answer.

For somewhere like Portsmouth do you think I have a good chance? Or not?
Of course it's a step up, but as you've done from GCSE to A-levels, you adapt.
I've found its more of a change in lifestyle and having to worry about things you normal don't that is the biggest challenge.
Reply 4
Original post by BenLynch9
Of course it's a step up, but as you've done from GCSE to A-levels, you adapt.
I've found its more of a change in lifestyle and having to worry about things you normal don't that is the biggest challenge.

Thanks. I am looking in to moving to a Uni at the other end of the country, but thinking more about it I am becoming scared. Did you move far?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blankspace11
Thanks. I am looking in to moving to a Uni at the other end of the country, but thinking more about it I am becoming scared. Did you move far?

No, not really. 50 minutes by car, an hour by train. I found it was a good fit for me, I'm quite family orientated so I can come home whenever I want at a short notice.

Quick Reply

Latest