The Student Room Group

AS English Literature coursework

Recently my teacher told us our grades for coursework in which he marked mine at an 'E' grade- 13/25 marks, the rest of the class achieved higher marks such as 21 or 23 marks. I completely disagree with the marking, it was a 2000 word comparative essay in which I put a lot of effort in and also had access to sample essays to compare the structure. I was recently assigned to an English tutor who read my work and was impressed with it. It will count as 40% of my final grade.

I am worried that my work will be submitted at such a low grade, what should I do?
(edited 9 years ago)
how many words was it?
Original post by busy_bee11
Recently my teacher told us our grades for coursework in which he marked mine at an 'E' grade- 13/25 marks, the rest of the class achieved higher marks such as 21 or 23 marks. I completely disagree with the marking, it was a 2000 word comparative essay in which I put a lot of effort in and also had access to sample essays to compare the structure. I was recently assigned to an English tutor who read my work and was impressed with it. It will count as 40% of my final grade.

I am worried that my work will be submitted at such a low grade, what should I do?

Ask your teacher to help you pin point where you went wrong? So you can improve?
Reply 3
Original post by scrawlx101
how many words was it?

It was just over 2200 words, but that's fine according to my teacher because others had handed in 2600+.
Reply 4
Original post by pearl_rose
Ask your teacher to help you pin point where you went wrong? So you can improve?

Thanks for replying,

I did speak to my teacher he said that these are the final pieces of work to be handed in.
But I spoke to another student who's work was moderated and marked up although my class teacher didn't agree with but he told her that she can make adjustments in it to improve the structure which he disagree with before its formally submitted to the examboard. He didn't mention anything about redoing parts of the essay in my case :s-smilie:
It was just over 2200 words, but that's fine according to my teacher because others had handed in 2600+.

hmm ask if theyll let you redraft and ask your teacher for help,go after school if you have to
Reply 6
Original post by scrawlx101
hmm ask if theyll let you redraft and ask your teacher for help,go after school if you have to

Thanks for the advice,
I will speak to him and ask what options I have left to improve my grade.
Thanks for the advice,
I will speak to him and ask what options I have left to improve my grade.

Sounds like the best option :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest